Comparison XR3135C

/ XR3135C #11  
If you want to risk the tractor taking off down a hill because the rear wheels lost traction in 2WD with no braking from the front go ahead.
Done that, I will continue to use 4WD on hills thank you.

Improper ballast for the direction of travel!

/ XR3135C #12  
My tractor has loaded rear tires and won't hold the hill in 2 WD mowing the hill. Your saying I should mow the hill with the mower lifted ?? How do you mow like that ?
I often take my 300 gallon water trailer up and down the hill. Won't hold it in 2 WD without sliding down the hill. To hold the hill instead of simply using 4WD I should lift the trailer somehow ??
I'm still trying to make any sense of your post ..

Pulling a trailer is way different than going down a hill with a load in the bucket and not having the proper ballast on the rear. Using 4 wheel drive as a substitute for backing down is simply wrong and you are putting more weight on the front axel than its designed to take. Also even in 4 wheel drive I have seen many people get into trouble when the rear swung out and they ended up flipping on their side. Thankfully they didn't get all the way over to the roof but still they did get into trouble.

/ XR3135C #13  
Pulling a trailer is way different than going down a hill with a load in the bucket and not having the proper ballast on the rear. Using 4 wheel drive as a substitute for backing down is simply wrong and you are putting more weight on the front axel than its designed to take. Also even in 4 wheel drive I have seen many people get into trouble when the rear swung out and they ended up flipping on their side. Thankfully they didn't get all the way over to the roof but still they did get into trouble.
Somehow I miss read or miss under stood what you were saying in your earlier post and I took it wrong.
Sorry about that.

/ XR3135C #14  
Hey Guys, Have a couple of questions? Dealer told me to only run off-road diesel because the road diesel (Yellow) has Ethanol mixed in and can cause problems. Is this a big deal with the new Tier 4 engines. I know ethanol goes bad a will gum up if not used. Also, he told me not to use 4wheel drive unless you need it. He said leaving it in 4wheel drive running down the road can cause it to overheat and damage the front end. Is this true?

Either Yellow or Red will work just fine.

As far as the 4wd is concerned use it when the extra traction is needed and disengage it when you don't. They will bind on hard surfaces. I personally know of one John Deere around 30 hp that had to be repaired because it was operated on hard surfaces (packed gravel roads) while in 4wd. It did take a year or two. The people who owned it didn't know it would hurt it and had never taken it out of 4wd.

I wasn't really aware of the problem either until that JD had problems then we got to asking around. We now use 4wd when needed and disengage it when we don't.

/ XR3135C #15  
Putting your tractor in 4wd before going down hill is a great habit to get into. I had a very exciting ride on my DK series HST Kioti, even with loaded tires and a attachment on the 3pt. It was VERY disconcerting.

My P series LS goes into 4wd any time you hit the brakes so I haven't run into this situation since. Not sure which models of LS have this feature.

/ XR3135C #16  
Putting your tractor in 4wd before going down hill is a great habit to get into. I had a very exciting ride on my DK series HST Kioti, even with loaded tires and a attachment on the 3pt. It was VERY disconcerting.

My P series LS goes into 4wd any time you hit the brakes so I haven't run into this situation since. Not sure which models of LS have this feature.
Know some of the bigger and/or premium models do this but I'm not sure I've operated any & its only possible with the electronically actuated 4wd systems. Nice feature.