XG 3135 vs Massey 1736

/ XG 3135 vs Massey 1736 #1  

bacononeactual

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 770; LS G3038H
I'm debating between an LS 3135 and a Massey 1736, both cab varieties. The Massey is only about 2K more than the LS, has a little less spec'd loader capacity (1900 vs 2100) but higher lift, significantly more 3 point capacity (2800 vs 1800) and a Mitsubishi engine, with 2 more hp, vs an LS engine. I'm probably leaning towards the Massey over the LS but I thought I'd see if anyone would go the other way.

/ XG 3135 vs Massey 1736 #2  
Both are excellent tractors. From your research the MF has higher loader lift with a little less capacity and greater 3 pt. capacity and more HP but costs 2K more.
Since both are cab models, have you sat in and operated both tractors?
Which one fits you better?
Are the controls more user friendly in one or the other?
How is the Dealer support for each in your area?
Does the MF come with dual rear remotes like the LS?
The LS XR tractors are premium tractor models which come with more standard features that other brands charge extra for.
1000 lb. more 3 pt. capacity is very impressive.
The MF 1736 (Mitsubishi engine) is comparable to both my XR3037HC (Turbocharged Shibaura engine) and the new version XR3135 (with LS engine) as far as HP and 3 pt. is greater than both LS models. Not sure but I don't think the 3135 engine is turbocharged.

I don't have a nearby MF dealer or may have considered a 1736 myself just for the higher loader lift height and 3 pt capacity. I'm happy with my LS. It does all I ask it to do.
The final decision is a tough one and its all yours.

/ XG 3135 vs Massey 1736
Yea I have a g3038 open station and its been fine. By the way, I meant XR 3135, not XG 3135, above.

/ XG 3135 vs Massey 1736 #4  
I figured you meant the XR series.
I bought mine mainly for plowing snow. Nice to be in a warm cab. The A/C is nice too.

Just read up on the 3135 and it also has a turbocharged engine.

Last edited:
   / XG 3135 vs Massey 1736 #5  
Don't forget, the Massey also has a synchronized pedal, HST sensitivity and speed adjustment controls, a much nicer seat, and I think larger tires as well.

I have owned both of these brands and they are both good tractors. Personally I would lean towards the Massey.

/ XG 3135 vs Massey 1736
Good points TSO. I am going to look at the LS cab tomorrow (only seen the open station so far) but its going to be a tough sell as I think the Massey's benefits probably easily outweigh the cost difference.

/ XG 3135 vs Massey 1736 #7  
I'm debating between an LS 3135 and a Massey 1736, both cab varieties. The Massey is only about 2K more than the LS, has a little less spec'd loader capacity (1900 vs 2100) but higher lift, significantly more 3 point capacity (2800 vs 1800) and a Mitsubishi engine, with 2 more hp, vs an LS engine. I'm probably leaning towards the Massey over the LS but I thought I'd see if anyone would go the other way.

Check out the 4100 series when you visit the dealer. That matches the specs you mention above for the massey. It is a larger frame then the 3100. The 4100 goes from 40 to 55 hp. Same engine and hyd. pump setup as the 3100. My guess is they restrict flow and lowered the turbo boost for the 3100 since they share almost everything except the frame and tires. Even the loader it seems, has similar capacities. Only 550 more pounds of lift capacity. A few inches difference in height could be tires. Loader bucket is 6 inches wider for the larger frame on the 4100's. Just my 2 cents..