Buying Advice wrecked ford 1920

/ wrecked ford 1920 #1  

neel517

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would you buy this if you were me?
1992 Ford 1920 4x4, with 7108 loader, 758B backhoe. A tree fell and landed just in front of the steering wheel taking out the gauges and breaking bell housing/block. Was in good working condition until this happened, although the hours are unknown. It will need a new block/bell housing/possibly crankshaft too....They're wanting 3K for it.....I dont mind doing all the repair work, but how hard are parts to find for this particular machine?
Any input or leads on salvage yards would be appreciated

P2250189.jpg
P2250208.jpg

/ wrecked ford 1920 #2  
Parts, especially the crank and any casting will be very expensive from the dealer if you can even get them.

The way I would approach it would be to find another junk tractor and rob parts from it. Make one tractor from 2 and sell the leftover parts.

/ wrecked ford 1920 #3  
for 3000 that is a steal u can get all the parts to fix that tractor complete motor and all from gulf south tractor salvage are alexanders tractor salvage for a reasonable price and fix it cheaper than u can by one already fixed i watched one sell two months ago without the backhoe for 11000 dollars in idabel ok

/ wrecked ford 1920 #4  
i gave 2750 for a two wheel drive with the front rim torn out of it

/ wrecked ford 1920 #5  
i would think the backhoe would be worth almost if not more than 3k.

/ wrecked ford 1920 #6  
I think it's a good pick at $3k. You'll probably end up with another $3k to $5k in it before you get it fully restored and painted, but it will be worth $12k+ when done. There's a lot of work there, but the return should be well worth the effort.:thumbsup:

/ wrecked ford 1920 #7  
wengers might have the bellhousing for ya. maybee a dash too..

soundguy