Woven fence installation

/ Woven fence installation #1  

Charlie_Iliff

Veteran Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT1845, John Deere 2240, John Deere 950, John Deere 755, Jacobsen Turf Cat II
After seeing Carpenter's fence and the stuff WroughtnHarv has been posting, I'm certainly not going to post pictures of my Saturday project. I got to exercise the auger, the hoe to dig out some old post ends, and the boom.
The project was only abour 70 feet of horse fence, using wood posts and 52" diamond pattern horse mesh - as miserable stuff as I've worked with. It is heavy & stiff. I welded a T out of scrap, and put a swivel on it. I could then shove it through the roll of wire and pick it up with the Power Trac boom and a short length of chain. To unroll the fence, I just backed down the line of posts. At the last one, the fence stretcher got clamped on and also hooked to the boom.
I have used the boom as much as any attachment but the mower. Since I don't have forks, it is my primary lifting apparatus.
I figure some day to get forks. Then with a carryall on the forks and a trailer behind I can carry almost enough attachments to a job.