Oil & Fuel Would washing out Rear with diesel fuel hurt?

/ Would washing out Rear with diesel fuel hurt? #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have an Iseki TS 2205 and have water in my Rear/Tranny. I am going to drain it this weekend and replace it with 90 weight gear oil.

I was wondering if it would hurt to drain the oil then fill the rear/tranny housing with diesel fuel and then drain it again.

I want to be sure I get all the water I can out. I would even jack up the rear and by hand turn the real wheel to male sure I get deisel fuel in the real seals and bearings to wash them out.

When I owned an old John Deere A the mechanic told me to wash out my crankcase with deisel fuel one time when I had a bad knock. And it worked. The deisel fuel will lubercate but is fine enough to get into the smallest crack.

I am wondering if it would help to get the water out of all the seals and bearings.

Don Worrell

/ Would washing out Rear with diesel fuel hurt? #2  
Think I'd forgo the diesel treatment. Perhaps use a very little low cost oil of the proper type put in and slosh around and then drain that out and fill with the oil you will be using.

Egon

/ Would washing out Rear with diesel fuel hurt? #3  
Why are you putting gear oil in as opposed to Hydraulic fluid?

/ Would washing out Rear with diesel fuel hurt?
According to the Operators manual I got from Len Seaffers it says when checking transmission oil use Recommended Gear Oil SAE 90W.

I have not found a oil check plug for the rear so I thought they both had the same oil.

Maybe I am just changing the transmission oil.

Don