Wiring an old Lincoln AC/DC 225

/ Wiring an old Lincoln AC/DC 225 #11  
I believe that was my intent, given the first picture. If it’s not wired correctly, the fan won’t work and the welder will overheat. Hence, that makes it relevant.
97EFEECA-9211-4C1F-9DA6-7BDF11E8747B.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Wiring an old Lincoln AC/DC 225 #12  
Any welder that uses uses the ground as a return is not to code. Using the ground as a neutral, as a return, used to be pretty common in certain devices. Welders, stoves, ovens, and driers being the most common. This practice is no longer practiced (didja get that?).
Eric
My Lincoln POWER MIG is six years old. This label is posted next to the 120V receptacles on the back. Welders are not stoves and dryers. All done here.
8FE4B5CE-2EAA-4811-80B9-A0D7B6A5A2E7.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Wiring an old Lincoln AC/DC 225
Given that I already have everything for the four wire 14-50 set up (cable/plug/recepticle), would it be safe to just wire nut the neutral inside the welder cabinet and hook up the two hots and the ground?

/ Wiring an old Lincoln AC/DC 225 #14  
Given that I already have everything for the four wire 14-50 set up (cable/plug/recepticle), would it be safe to just wire nut the neutral inside the welder cabinet and hook up the two hots and the ground?
Yeah, sure. If anything weird happens to any GFCI breakers or outlets then ask for more advice.
Eric

/ Wiring an old Lincoln AC/DC 225 #15  
Yes it will work just fine....