Seeders Will a L4600 handle the Woods PSS72 6ft hunter edition w/front discs safely

/ Will a L4600 handle the Woods PSS72 6ft hunter edition w/front discs safely #1  

Beanboy

Tractor
Kubota L4600 JD 5055E
Have a new L4600 HST MFWD with FEL. The book says 3pt capacity is about 2800 Max but nearer 2200lbs 2 ft behind lift point (however that is measured). The woods seeder has shipping weight about 1750+/- for the 6 ft model with discs on front, spike rollers, 2seed boxes, and cast iron culti-packers on rear. I am concerned the weight may be too close to max. Most of my food plots are fairly level but have bunches of hills and such between plots. The FEL will help add balance. And being fairly new to this I am super careful picking terrain and angles of operation. Can add weight to /in bucket if needed or drag seeder on trailer between most plots if needed. Primary concern is operating the 3pt for extended time that close to max lift capacity. Does anyone have experience with this or similar outfit. Best guestimates also appreciated. Boxes only hold 3-4 bushels of seed so was not too concerned of that added weight

/ Will a L4600 handle the Woods PSS72 6ft hunter edition w/front discs safely #2  
Sounds like it is within the lift range on the three point, my opinion is that you won't have an trouble. Are you able to hook it up to the tractor and try lifting it.

/ Will a L4600 handle the Woods PSS72 6ft hunter edition w/front discs safely #3  
Welcome to TBN!

/ Will a L4600 handle the Woods PSS72 6ft hunter edition w/front discs safely
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately no, the tractor is at the lease 5 hrs away, the nearest dealer for the seeder is an hour from there, and he doesn't have one in stock. The best price on seeder so far is 2 states away. Was thinking of asking the "local" dealer to order one to demo if he can meet or beat the compeition's price but I Wanted to be more certain my tractor would handle the load. Woods makes a 5 ft Seeder weighing about 1500 lbs that would work in a pinch. It's only 1 foot narrower but that's also 20% more passes in the field if the bigger unit will work. My main concern was operating close to max weight would cause premature damage to system and seals,gears etc. guess there is only one way to find out
Thanks again for the input

/ Will a L4600 handle the Woods PSS72 6ft hunter edition w/front discs safely #5  
Have a new L4600 HST MFWD with FEL. The book says 3pt capacity is about 2800 Max but nearer 2200lbs 2 ft behind lift point (however that is measured). The woods seeder has shipping weight about 1750+/- for the 6 ft model with discs on front, spike rollers, 2seed boxes, and cast iron culti-packers on rear. I am concerned the weight may be too close to max. Most of my food plots are fairly level but have bunches of hills and such between plots. The FEL will help add balance. And being fairly new to this I am super careful picking terrain and angles of operation. Can add weight to /in bucket if needed or drag seeder on trailer between most plots if needed. Primary concern is operating the 3pt for extended time that close to max lift capacity. Does anyone have experience with this or similar outfit. Best guestimates also appreciated. Boxes only hold 3-4 bushels of seed so was not too concerned of that added weight

Hi beanboy,
You are only at about 65% of your 3 point's hydraulic capacity. Your tractor should handle the 6 foot seeder with out any problem.

Take care 870wing