Who was this small engine mechanic?

/ Who was this small engine mechanic? #11  
I'm subscribed to Mustie too, he's way smarter than I ever was. Mustie must be the one with a VW pickup in his shop.
Until This Old House came along, I thought Bostonians spoke like the Kennedy family.
he's the one with the ancient V'Dubs. Check out the Boston Trucker, he's typically an oblique Bostonian. If you really want the low down on small engine repair and can get by his arcane humor, Taryl is an excellent source of info. He comes across as a dork but he knows how to fix small engines and transmissions in mowers.

I keep all my YT subscriptions on my tablet.

The Boston trucker reminds me of my buddy in Stockton Springs, Maine. Same demeanor, same slang. He's 100% **** about keeping his truck spiffy. Back when I drove I didn't have the time to do that. I drove nice Western Star conventional's with aluminum trailers. Had time for the Beacon once a week, that was about it.

Been subscribed to 'Lost and Forgotten Places' for a long time as well, but lately the host has been getting too commercialized. When they start pushing their 'Merch' stuff, I unsubscribe. Why I long ago dropped the guy with all the construction equipment and the garage built from containers. He went from entertainment to obtuse. I only watch the YT stuff for entertainment purposes. There is a ton of bad info on there as well. Seems like people love making video's of stuff they really don't know squat about.

/ Who was this small engine mechanic?
I think Taryl knows his stuff too. Those teeth affect his voice and turn me off but when he's the only one explaining what I need to know, I'm impressed by the depth of his knowledge. For people like me, who are trying to learn something, the yokel act is a distraction.
I'll check out Boston Trucker. Thanks for the recommendation.

Last edited:
   / Who was this small engine mechanic? #13  
I believe Taryl is trying to inject humor and his fake choppers turn me off as well but like you said, he knows his stuff. If I was close to his shop I'd not hesitate taking my stuff to him. Mustie kind of wings it most times unless it's VW related. Seen some really bad information on YT in the past so I tend to discount everything pretty much.