Where to buy OEM Shibaura parts?

/ Where to buy OEM Shibaura parts? #1  

jduke

Bronze Member
My DX55 tractor has a leaking water pump at 900 hours. The case dealer wants nearly 400 bucks for the part, plus 12 for the gasket. I can get BOTH online for less than 50 bucks but not sure if that is chinese junk. I don't know why the dealerships have to mark up stuff by 700% for an epic gouging that I always enjoy, but I just can't allow that.

It has a very common Sibaura N844LT diesel engine. But, where do you get OEM water pumps for this engine?

/ Where to buy OEM Shibaura parts? #2  
Check Messicks. They may have reman and OEM parts available.

/ Where to buy OEM Shibaura parts?
Check Messicks. They may have reman and OEM parts available.
Looks like just as much. I can't fathom why the OEM price is so much more than an 'aftermarket'. Case isn't manufacturing these at their foundry. Am I wrong that a 70 dollar part is a way better deal than the same thing for 380? So frustrating.

/ Where to buy OEM Shibaura parts? #4  
Looks like just as much. I can't fathom why the OEM price is so much more than an 'aftermarket'. Case isn't manufacturing these at their foundry. Am I wrong that a 70 dollar part is a way better deal than the same thing for 380? So frustrating.
I don't get it either. Chances are that the $70 part is exactly the same as the $380 one, but the expensive one gets a plastic bag with a fancy name printed all over. Go figure...

/ Where to buy OEM Shibaura parts?
I guess. The 'new' aftermarket ones don't look a whole lot like the one I have. Not sure if CASE IH Remans from the dealer are actually rebuilt originals or some kind of chinese knockoff.

/ Where to buy OEM Shibaura parts? #6  
Some of the prices for Case IH are eye-popping... I was looking at the cost of the FEL joystick for my DX24 - just the bent metal tube part - was well over $100. I think the idea is we are paying for them to have inventory for when we need it and in a hurry. This is one of several reasons why Case IH was probably better off sticking to Ag instead of reselling Shibaura. I would stick with OEM for internal parts - have seen too much variability in aftermarket to trust it. And, they never have DX parts I need in a hurry near me LOL.

/ Where to buy OEM Shibaura parts? #7  
Rebuild on a water pump is usually only a new sleeve bearing and impeller. Not the most complex of parts and I wouldn't hesitate to order from eBay or Amazon personally