What's that audible alarm? Halogen headlight replacement

/ What's that audible alarm? Halogen headlight replacement #1  

MountainBuck

Silver Member
Tractor
Ventrac 4500P; Kubota RTV-X1100C
I was attaching the rough cut mower deck to my 4500p and as usual having difficulty lining up the forks.

Yes, yes, I know some of you can just drive right up and the attachment just jumps on the tractor, but not me.

So in addition to my regular magnetic flashlights on the sides of the engine cowl, I turned on the headlights as well.

Suddenly I hear "beep... beep... beep!" I look around wondering what is going on only to zero in on the 4500p! I didn't even know it had an auditory alarm.

It was my headlights drawing a whole lotta power. Specifically over 9 amps because I have a slightly older 4500p and they are halogen. Ah, seems like just yesterday when I bought it.. anyway, they are LED now I believe.

I could have also bumped up the throttle, but in my shed fumes build up fast enough.

Called my Ventrac dealer to get the new LED headlights only to find they are not a Ventrac dealer now that Toro purchased them. Suddenly I was hearing more alarms!:sneaky:

Time to take matters into my own hands and went to Harbor Freight. Item 57539. Had to solder the wires to the harness. But the results were a brighter light and no beeps due to significantly lower amperage draw. Installation was straightforward. On my 4500p, I confirmed the yellow wire was positive and the black wire was negative.

Attachments

• LED.jpg
    LED.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 117
   / What's that audible alarm? Halogen headlight replacement #2  
I think TSC. have those same LED lights.... jim