What's an MF 50EX?

/ What's an MF 50EX? #1  

Suzanne

What\'s an MF 50EX?

(I have posted this on several sites, trying to find info... thanks for reading, Tractor Folks!)

Hello, MF People,

So, I have been wanting a tractor to drag my
horse arena, and we came home from dinner
the other night and there in the driveway was a BIG
YELLOW MASSIVE FERGUSON!

My husband's buddy rescued this from an
abusive home (they ran it out of diesel then said it
was a bad machine, now it runs great.) All I
know is it is yellow, big (to me) and someone
said it was a 1994 model. It has a back
scraper box, and a loader that says MF
Powershuttle 50 EX with a clamshell-type
bucket. There is a canopy and ROPS, and the
ag tires are about 4' tall in back. It has a lot of
levers and stuff...

Excuse my ignorance, but... I was kind of
looking at 20HP Kubota's and well, this one
kind of scares me, it looks like it might eat the
garage. Anyone have any
idea what my husband gave me for
Christmas? (Yes, it had a big bow on it, my
husband is the greatest.)

Suzi in Chino, CA

PS- here is the ID info per the plate:
MF Industrial model 50EX (export?) there is a
small tag pasted near this that says C354.
The serial number is 5157 S 2438 and it says Made in England.

Big Dean sent me a note, said they were maybe made only in 1988, but he wasn't familiar with them. I woud like to know if this is like an MF 50 so we could find parts as needed, although it seems to run excellent at this time. Sure is bigger than the Kubota B7500 I was looking at! Maybe if I rig a drink holder in the Massey I can learn to live with it...
Thanks! What's an MF 50EX?

/ What's an MF 50EX? #2  
Re: What\'s an MF 50EX?

You have one of the best industrial tractor loaders made. The MF Industrial line,made at MF Manchester was sold by AGCO to Fermec,who is now owned by Terex. The 50 EX was made until 1994 when it was replaced by the 650. It is nothing like a MF 50 ag tractor.

/ What's an MF 50EX? #3  

Suzanne-I would agree with Woodbeef, it is a good tractor. You have a dealer in Ontario Ca. just north of you (Glenn B. Dorning) who probably was the selling dealer. They are a very reputable, and also happen to be the local Kubota dealer.
Chuck M.

/ What's an MF 50EX?

Thanks, Guys, for your help. I have been to Dorning to chat about Kubota's and they were most helpful.

If I were to trade this baby in towards the smaller-and-less-intimidating Kubota B7510 I was considering, would anyone have any idea what the Massey Ferguson 50EX might be worth? Again, it has a big clamshell-type FEL and a big scraper in back, and everything seems to work just dandy.

Have had several folks praise the MF, but it is sure bigger than what I had in mind for my acre! My brother in Montana has 32 acres and is coveting the Massey, but alas, he is 1,000 miles away.

Any wild idea of value on the MF 50EX, private party or resale? I found one in Ireland, but... don't have any idea how mine compares.

Thanks, happy tractoring.

Suzi