What to look for in used 4120

/ What to look for in used 4120 #11  
I own a 4120 hat and I love it . Have grapple, bucket, forks. Use it all the time.I also have tiller, disk, spike tooth harrow, three pt spreader and MX 6 clipper from Deere. I did not want the yanmar, engine and wanted it built in USA. Mine has the Power Tech engine and the tractor was made in Augusta GA and wanted the three tier and not the four so it does not have the burn off feature which is what I wanted and got it the last year they built the three tier. Love it. Also my friend got the one that replaced it and lot of changes. The pedals are not heavy like on the 4120, mine are made out of same material like in the bigger tractors not flimsy like the ones they put on now.
I bought a new 4120 in 2005 and it had been great. I am very thankful to have bought it when you could still get an American made , pre tier 4, JD power tech engine . JD has long had the best part support of any tractor manufacturer.

I am more confident in continued availability of parts for the power-tech engines than I would be for the Yanmars.

/ What to look for in used 4120 #12  
I had a 4520...same engine as the 4120 with a bit more power and torque. During my research, and IIRC, these engines were used in other applications...marine and industrial...skidsteers too. Also, engine life was around 8000 hours (of course, that depends on regular maintenance.
Mine was a cold natured beast, but as long as I plugged it in (block heater), I didn't even need glow plugs. I bought the tractor with just over 2000 hours and sold it 4½ years later with around 2800 hours. Only reason I sold it is I want a factory cab rather than the Curtis cab on the 4520.
The Deere engine definitely had more torque then the current Yanmar powered tractors (no complaints about Yanmar though...of the 5 Deeres I've owned, 4 were powered by Yanmar)
So, I don't think you'll have any issues with the 4120 or parts availability.
My estimate on a reasonable price for a tractor in good condition and 750 hours would be $12K-$14K. Prices are somewhat dependent on location...higher in the NE, lower in the south