What kind of plant is this?

/ What kind of plant is this? #1  

Mrsig

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS MT225 4x4
I have them growing in a few places on my land. The bush is about 2 feet tall and the red fruit or what ever they are start out green than yellow and than red. They are about the size of a cherry.
The cows I have will not eat them or the leaves.
Any info will help thanks.
Tplant.jpeg

Tplant1.jpeg

/ What kind of plant is this? #2  
Am I seeing spikes growing from the center of the leaves?

/ What kind of plant is this? #3  
Looks sort of like a wild cherry tomato. Cut one open and see what it looks like inside.

/ What kind of plant is this? #5  
My "Picture This" App says it is a Surattense Nightshade. Also known as Thorny Nightshade. Evasive species here in the US. "Some parts of this species. like the fruit, are poisonous"

/ What kind of plant is this? #6  
   / What kind of plant is this? #7  
I have them growing in a few places on my land. The bush is about 2 feet tall and the red fruit or what ever they are start out green than yellow and than red. They are about the size of a cherry.
The cows I have will not eat them or the leaves.
Any info will help thanks.View attachment 727289

View attachment 727290
I am not all that far from you as the crow flys and we have Tropical Soda Apple which looks a lot like that with the exception that the fruit is streaked not solid colored, 1 ounce of GrazonNext HL to the gallon of water in a handsprayer will kill it and kill the germination in the seeds that are in the fruit, Roundup will make it a little sick but WILL NOT kill it, and that is saying something.

/ What kind of plant is this? #8  
"Some parts of this species. like the fruit, are poisonous"
Hmmmm With out drawing any conclusions it's interesting to note this
Investigating the antioxidant and liver-protective properties of Surattense nightshade - Prepare For Change

and

/ What kind of plant is this? #9  
My "Picture This" App says it is a Surattense Nightshade. Also known as Thorny Nightshade. Evasive species here in the US. "Some parts of this species. like the fruit, are poisonous"
Hmmm....explains why I've never seen one.