What does "D" mean?

/ What does "D" mean? #11  
And here I thought that a "D" meant I need to study a bit more.

/ What does "D" mean? #12  
Yep, I got a lot of Ds in school. :D

/ What does "D" mean? #14  
A v-e-r-y important fact many folks overlook is that unlike those sold for use on public roads,trailer,atv,tractor and such tires don't have ratings assigned nor required to meet specific standards. That little fact is why informed consumers don't buy trailer tires and opt for LT tires instead. Because age is the cause of most trailer tire failures,I replace truck tires sooner than needed and put old truck tires on trailers. If the truth were known,the mfgr's marketing people stamped that D on tires to mislead consumers. Otherwise why not put 8 ply rating instaed,eveertone know's what that means.

/ What does "D" mean? #15  
unlike those sold for use on public roads,trailer, atv, tractor and such tires don't have ratings assigned nor required to meet specific standards. That little fact is why informed consumers don't buy trailer tires and opt for LT tires instead.
Good point. My neighbor who maneuvers and lifts tons of harvest bins every year, says LT tires on the front hold up far better than tractor tires for the loaded, sharp turns that his FEL-equipped tractors experience.

/ What does "D" mean?
They are likely different diameter. If your application isn't 4x4 then it probably doesn't make any difference, so long as the weight rating is what you need.

Here's an example of front-axle tires for a little 18hp Yanmar 4x4:

6.00 x 12 (the taller tire) and a 6-12 (the size Yanmar specifies for YM186D).

p1740817rtire600x12vs6-12-jpg.438123

Width is different too. Here's the old thread with a discussion of this.
Thanks for this. I'm going to try and get some measurements off of the tire on the tractor and see if they match what the tire I'm considering buying. They are not original tires, but I don't remember what was on the tractor when I bought it. I tried doing a search for the front tires that came on a Century 2535, but haven't found it yet. Since it's 4 wheel drive, I want to get the correct size.

/ What does "D" mean? #17  
A v-e-r-y important fact many folks overlook is that unlike those sold for use on public roads,trailer,atv,tractor and such tires don't have ratings assigned nor required to meet specific standards. That little fact is why informed consumers don't buy trailer tires and opt for LT tires instead. Because age is the cause of most trailer tire failures,I replace truck tires sooner than needed and put old truck tires on trailers. If the truth were known,the mfgr's marketing people stamped that D on tires to mislead consumers. Otherwise why not put 8 ply rating instaed,eveertone know's what that means.
Not trying to change your mind but it should be noted that some states, mine included (NC), does not allow LT tires on trailers and the below is an explanation as to why. You can google many other sites that will verify the same results. To each their own, I doubt any deputy stops to check out trailer tires but ST tires are different for a reason.