What do you NOT like about your Yanmar?

/ What do you NOT like about your Yanmar? #21  
On a 186D the top speed according to the operation manual is 8.76 mph in 3rd range 3rd gear. 3rd reverse is 5.5 mph.

Chris

/ What do you NOT like about your Yanmar? #22  
Chris, I don't have the book handy but the specs. on my YM2000B says around 9mph in 8th gear, probably about the same as the YM1700. Maybe the reason they seem faster is because they handle so poorly on the road.
Anybody know how to get this signature image thingy to work?

/ What do you NOT like about your Yanmar? #23  
On my YMG1800D, I seem to kick the 4WD selector quite a bit when I have boots on. I think I'm in 4WD, but then notice that I have kicked it back to 2WD. The parking brake doesn't bother me too much, but I do need to move the seat back further. Roger, do you have anything drawn up on your modification?
Frank

/ What do you NOT like about your Yanmar? #24  
I have a YM1700 and according to the manual, top speed is 14 km/h (8.7 mph)

/ What do you NOT like about your Yanmar?
Frank, I do have a set of prints for the seat brackets. I'll start a new thread and post them just as soon as I find them somewhere in my peerless filing system....

/ What do you NOT like about your Yanmar? #26  
That's a possibility. The tires on my ym1700 are much narrower than my larger nh.. and the tractor is shorter too. All adds up to make a rougher ride... no power steering on the 1700 as well...

Chris

/ What do you NOT like about your Yanmar? #27  
Can't complain about the gear ratios on my 1401d, but when I did some work for a neighbor on their 1601d I woke up real quick when I backed up in HI-reverse. Almost got a reverse whiplash!

/ What do you NOT like about your Yanmar? #28  
If someone is not going to say it I will. I don't like how you can not buy a ROPS or roll bar for most of the Gray-market Yanmars. I even tried 3 Gray-market dealers, no luck. Why can't they ship a container from Japan with the each tractor order? Maybe I'm a blip in the curve but if I had to choose between a car with airbags and one without I would always choose the one with air bags even if it cost alot more. There are just too many variables out in the field that could cause a rollover to even the most cautious tractor users.

/ What do you NOT like about your Yanmar?
Mtsman, I think you have a good point. I hadn't thought much about it because my special interest is the US Yanmars and of course they have ROPS roll-bars.Thanks for bringing it up. If ROPS is important to a person then they should certainly look into ROPS availability. Are ROPS ever available to be shipped with the grays? I don't know if the Japanese use them.

/ What do you NOT like about your Yanmar? #30  
I think you will find the ROPS isn't in the Japanese vocabulary. I deal in some of the gray market construction equipment. I have never seen a ROPS on any of it. If a tractor rolls over in a rice patty they are probably more worried about drowning than being crushed.