We all need music in our lives

/ We all need music in our lives #1  

moored4

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota l245dt, l3540, 8N
We all need music in our lives! :)
I know most of us enjoy tinkering with our machines and adding homemade items to them to improve on their functionality or their aesthetics! I was sent this and knew some of you would enjoy this! Every time that we go to the beach my wife knows that she can find me in front of the candy shop watching them run the taffy machine, it pulls, flavors, cuts to size, wraps, all by itself. That machine is close to being 100 years old and still intrigues me, and I'm not the only tinker standing at that window either. :cool:

This video is of a incredible machine! Please read below before you open the attachment, and make sure you have the sound on. :thumbsup:

What an amazing musical instrument! a contraption! Please note that the balls don't fall on the floor; they return to the machine. Watch how all the balls wind up in catcher cones. Totally fantazmaglorious!!!
This incredible machine was built as a collaborative effort between the Robert M. Trammell Music Conservatory and the Sharon Wick School of Engineering at the University of Iowa. Amazingly, 97% of the machine's components came from John Deere Industries and Irrigation Equipment of Bancroft, Iowa. Yup, farm equipment! It took the team a combined 13,029 hours (6.26 years) of set-up, alignment, calibration, and tuning before filming this video, but as you can see, it was WELL worth the effort.
The machine is now on display in the Matthew Gerhard Alumni Hall at the university and it is already slated to be donated to the Smithsonian.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfQqOerzUfY]The Music Machine - YouTube[/ame]

/ We all need music in our lives #2  
That's actually a computer generated video that's been around for many years. I first saw it used as a test video for PC video cards in the early 2000s.
If I recall correctly, the video is called "Animatronix" or something similar.

/ We all need music in our lives #4  
   / We all need music in our lives #5  
It was called "Animusic." The guy who did it was a friend of a friend for me. I only know this because in return for my friend's investment to help this guy get the project done, he was given a bag full of the videos :) There are several different animations on the full length feature, and they're all great. If I remember right, there was also a sequel that intruduced a bunch more.