Ventrac Flair mowers introduced.

/ Ventrac Flair mowers introduced. #1  

prs

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 650, Ventrac 4500Z AJ02248
Murphy alerted me to this a few days back, but today is the first time I could access the youtube and it is on the Ventrac web site too. 4 new models, two 72" ones and two a bit more than a foot less wide. One each of those with either fine cut teeth or rougher cut teeth. I wonder if they take less energy to run or if they are lighter.

prs

I meant the title header to be FLAIL, but can not change it now.

Last edited:
   / Ventrac Flair mowers introduced. #3  
I am interested in a flail mower like this but I thought they were in general more of a beast that what the website here claims:

Ventrac MWMY Flail Mowers

specifically under "Features" is posted "Max Cutting Size" of 1/2"

Currently I use the rough cut mower and routinely cut 1/2" inch saplings without problem.

I've seen flail mowers mow through stumps. But a 1/2" max seems like it would be limited in use?

/ Ventrac Flair mowers introduced. #5  
I've been looking at boom mowers with both flail heads and rotary heads. Some flail heads are more for rough cut and can cut up to 6" with the proper knives. But they are very expensive. Some of the heads alone are 15 grand. I'm just having a difficult time justifying spending 20K on a boom mower. I would use it a lot but you would have to. Besides that, I've gotten quite a few mixed opinions on them.

LR4142 | Hardee by EVH Manufacturing Company | United States

/ Ventrac Flair mowers introduced. #6  
It’s good to see they are still coming up with new products, after being bought by Toro.