Ventrac branded oil and fluid

/ Ventrac branded oil and fluid #11  
JJM, the downloaded version I have is more recent. 09.10081-REV7 02/18/2015

The odd thing is. for our Kubota motors, the second page of the service requirement is not marked at all. I see no reason as to why that part of the schedule would differ from engine to engine, but..........? For the 4500 models were the second page is completed, the hy-tran fluid interval is shortened. I down loaded from Ventrac site. I will check the paper copy in my canister when I get to it.

I will adhere to the advice above RE Amsoil or OEM hydraulic fluid.

prs

Hi, prs.

I have just downloaded the more recent version, and you are correct. P. 70 of the Operator's Manual now calls for changing the Hydraulic Oil and Rear Transaxle Oil at 500 hours, and thence every 1000 hours, with an initial change of hydraulic filters at 100 hours, then at 500 hours, and thence every 1000 hours. Why there is such a difference between the two versions, I cannot say. It would be interesting to see what Ventrac has to say about this. In fact, I would think that Ventrac would send out a notice to all current 4500Y and 4500Z owners informing them of the change.

My interpretation of the second page of the 4500Y/4500Z Maintenance Checklist is that this page is provided so that we can use it to enter checks in the appropriate check boxes, for record-keeping purposes.

The printed version supplied with my Model 4500Y is the same as the version that I had downloaded upon placing the purchase order (Revised 06/12/14 09.10081 Rev. 05).

Best,

JJM

/ Ventrac branded oil and fluid #12  
Maybe ventrac isn't using amsoil anymore? My old 04 says use amsoil right on the tank. Just a thought,if there own oil isn't as long lasting,they may have cut the intervals in half,as a precaution or maybe they are seeing field reports of higher than acceptable wear from there dealers that indicate more frequent servicing is needed...that's about all I can think of ,that's the only reasons usually unless they made a change that causes the hydraulic system to,operate hotter or under more pressure...

/ Ventrac branded oil and fluid
Raw Dodge, I was thinking along the lines that they have probably found a higher wear rate than previously planned. I would strongly suspect that the fluid they are repackaging as their own is out of the same horse that Amsoil taps. I the specs are unlikely to have changed given the same hydraulic motors and such.

Another plausible reason for the changes would be someone new giving advice or running the main service department. Different outlook or different opinion. The hint for that is the relatively large number of revisions recently. Three within a matter of months and the 4500 series owner's manual is already up to revision 7.

Peeking around the web I see the XOM specs for this type of fluid are very similar that those stated above for Amsoil and Ventrac; all three pretty much within variations of sample from one lot to the next.

My paper manual for the 4500Z is not marked with a revision number so far as I see, but is dated 01/14/14 and notes the 5 year or 2,000 mile hy-tran fluid change.

Revisions should not retroactively affect any warranty issue, but if the revised practice is better for the equipment it is possible that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

prs

/ Ventrac branded oil and fluid #14  
I would like to see the lab results from oil samples at 2000hrs, take an average of 10 samples...thats how we establish an interval with schaeffers oil,sample 3x back to back and take it from there, our ford tractor calls for 100hr oil change intervals,using schaeffers x200, and sampling we found that the oil was in great shape after 300 hrs. 3x in a row, so we're changing it at 250-300 hrs ,we started that back around 1993, been doing that 22yrs, only change we have made is switching to x 7000 when it became available, to save fuel, and easier cold starting. I'm betting we could get 500hrs out of the oil if we wanted.its a 1700 cc engine making only 32hp, never spinning faster than 2500rpm.