Update on my MF-135

/ Update on my MF-135 #1  

LC '92

After a couple of months use, I'm convinced I got the right tractor when I purchased my 135 diesel. My other tractor has a hydrostatic transmission and this one takes some getting used to to make speed changes using the throttle, but I'm getting the hang of it. The 135 will idle down real slow and yet still pull my 6' Bush Hog finish mower for mowing around the house and next to the barn. The Ag tires are a little rough on the yard so I just don't mow when the grounds soft.

It has manual steering but is as easy to steer as some power units. It starts after it turns over only once, regardless of the weather. Its very quite and rides about 10 time smoother than my Kubota B-7800.

I had it stick in low gear once, but remembering Big Deans fix. I removed the trans filler plug, moved the large gear forward, and was back running in about 5 minutes. Thanks Dean! Knowledge is great!

It pretty much lives a retired gentleman's life now. It stays in a barn, mows about 4 acres every week or so and will shred 11 acres a couple of times each summer. May use it to disk a little pasture too. Most Sundays it takes the grandson for a ride around the yard. I bet it will last a long time like this.

FWJ, you were going to end me an illustration of the "secret" pin that needs to be removed so I can install the rubber boot over the lifts knuckle joint.