Update on BX diesel leak

/ Update on BX diesel leak #21  
(Try this one again... while uploading I realized that the file was too large in jpg format, and aborted. New in tiff)

/ Update on BX diesel leak #22  
We have been replacing all the little tanks lately. We only had one out of 20 + that leaked.

/ Update on BX diesel leak
the item in mention is called a fuel tank 2, and is located
on the inside side of frame on drivers side(under pto engage lever).taking off tire you will see the top 3 lines.
replaced mine myself, distance to dealer to far, took about 30 min. Havn't heard of the 3pt hitch arms since buying tractor guess time to call dealer. hope the info help.

/ Update on BX diesel leak
Finally got my letter from Kubota. Leak got so bad I had to put just enough diesel in the tank to mow yard. The tractor would sputter if I didn't put diesel in it each week, because it would all leak out. Dealer installing tank now. He still was unaware of hitch problem. I printed out the diagrams from this site. He said the BX wasn't meant to hook up to everything. He said it would hook up to all Kubota equipment. The only thing he found that it would not hook up to was a 4 FT. rear mounted mower. The dealer is going to look into fixing the problem. I told him that as long as he honored my request to fix it, if in the future it became a problem, then I would be satisfied. I was assured that would be the case. He may or may not fix the hitch problem along with the secondary tank replacement. I haven't had a problem hooking up equipment as of yet, so I left it up to him.

/ Update on BX diesel leak #25  
I to just recieved my fuel tank recall,but as of right now my tank does not leak ,so I will be waiting untill mowing season is done before taking in the bx2200 for the repair.

/ Update on BX diesel leak #26  
Duster; I see that your in Michigan. That gives probably gives you a 2 day window between cutting season and snow season /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif. Don't delay it too long, it will start leaking (mine started at about 8 months, 90 hours).

/ Update on BX diesel leak #27  
Re-fuel leak
I called my dealer today and informed me there was a recall for the secondary tank or bladder.......They had the parts to replace the old one. Rather then pay for pickup and delivery, I asked if the part was available and if I could install it. The answer was yes..... It took me approximately 40 minutes to replace it. The instructions that come with the part is excellent. No more leak.....

/ Update on BX diesel leak #28  
Congratulations! Sometimes it is easier, faster, and/or cheaper to just do it yourself.

Bird

/ Update on BX diesel leak #29  
The secondary tank or bladder is located on the left side of the tractor behind the rear wheel. It is a part that looks like a kidney, white in color with 5 hoses going to it. The replacement part comes with excellent instructions if you want to do the work yourself. Time is about 30-40 minutes with ordinary tools. The dealer will let you install it yourself which will save you pickup and delivery charges.

Bob D