Buying Advice Update on Branson Problem - Need Advice

/ Update on Branson Problem - Need Advice #1  

JonMark

Tractor
Branson 4520
I made a post on 10/28/03 about a Clutch problem that I had experinced with my 4520. Finally after about 8 months, or so I spoke with one of the mechanics who worked on the tractor and they found that the flywheel and clutch were both painted from the factory by mistake, it happened to a select few tractors out of production. The paint finally heated up so much that it glued the flywheel and clutch together burning it out rapidly.

Since the fix there have been no problems. Just invested in a Terramak T-450 broadcaster to seed and fertilize the land. Does any one have one. Just lookin for feedback. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon Mark

/ Update on Branson Problem - Need Advice #2  
I don't see your 10/23 post...at least not in the Branson section. Is it somewhere else?

I'm interested because I test drove a 4520 today and had some trouble getting it into and out of gear. At one point the dealer took the driver's seat and had trouble too. took a bit of coaxing and easing the clutch in and out to finally get it from 1st to 2nd.

So, I'm wondering if that was anything like the problem you had.

/ Update on Branson Problem - Need Advice
Sorry, it took so long!

Been extreemly busy with building and working on land.

The problem that you were having moving the gears around is not what I experienced. I haven't had that problem. I have had that problem with moving it in and out of the 3 ranges. I found that sometimes the tractor needs to rock a little while moving in and out of ranges. The clutch still works fine with no problems.

Jon Mark /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Update on Branson Problem - Need Advice #4  
When you getting it in and out of gear...do mean the shuttle shift, the gear selector or the range selector??