TYM T-700 wood scrounging.

/ TYM T-700 wood scrounging. #1  

blitzen

Silver Member
Tractor
2006 TYM T700
Hi, I just wanted to jump in here today and show a picture of a log that I grabbed yesterday-I could lift it but could not curl it. It took 6 trips to grab all the logs and a good sized stump. I have more storm damage to grab but need to bring a chainsaw with me so I can cut to a good length and haul out of there it is a 2 mile round trip to grab. I grabbed a huge log that was 24 inches in diameter and wider than the county road I was on. You should of seen the look on the guys
IMG20231006114046.jpg
face as I was coming down the road and he realized how wide the load was. I am curious if anyone has any ideas on how I could make or buy something to sucure my chainsaw. I see that some are using a saw scabbard but my loader post is too wide for that application--any ideas are greatly appreciated. Dave

/ TYM T-700 wood scrounging. #2  
2 mile round trip? I think a farm wagon that can carry the load would be the answer. That is a long way to carry one log at a time not to mention the stress on the loader and front end.

/ TYM T-700 wood scrounging.
Hi, I just wanted to jump in here today and show a picture of a log that I grabbed yesterday-I could lift it but could not curl it. It took 6 trips to grab all the logs and a good sized stump. I have more storm damage to grab but need to bring a chainsaw with me so I can cut to a good length and haul out of there it is a 2 mile round trip to grab. I grabbed a huge log that was 24 inches in diameter and wider than the county road I was on. You should of seen the look on the guys View attachment 825654face as I was coming down the road and he realized how wide the load was. I am curious if anyone has any ideas on how I could make or buy something to sucure my chainsaw. I see that some are using a saw scabbard but my loader post is too wide for that application--any ideas are greatly appreciated. Dave
I wanted to post that I have put 42 hours on the clock in the last 26 days I have more stumps to tear out
2 mile round trip? I think a farm wagon that can carry the load would be the answer. That is a long way to carry one log at a time not to mention the stress on the loader and front end.
It would be a better option just not sure how much I would use one-probably find a lot more uses for one once you have one. The log in the pick was a one mile round trip. The 2 mile round trip was out on a county road. I am making due with what I have. I made a 10 mile round trip earlier in the week to another property I have and ran my Matthews flail mower to knock down the growth and to make more accessible. Another good thing with a wagon I could attach a saw and other cutting supplies too. Thanks for your reply.

Last edited: