TYM 394HST in need of DIY strategy for adding rear circuits

/ TYM 394HST in need of DIY strategy for adding rear circuits #1  

t2krookie

Tractor
TYM T394HSC
So I bought this small tractor to take care of our acreage homestead. I love it all from the reliable start-up and relatively easy maintenance but I don't know squat about hydraulic other than what I been reading up on. I was thinking about adding a double circuit bypass/diverter to the back so I could use the extra two connections to operate a center-link as well as a draft adjuster for my blade as well as my box cutter maybe even a third for a ripper automation project I had in mind. I wanted at least the first two extra circuits to be operated by my pre-existing front loader control to avoid having to figure out how to mount another 2 spool valves in the cab (I cant take the heat in Arizona all day long). I see the front end loader valves seem to be mounted outside the cab at my right foots level but looks mighty crowded there. Am I overthinking this? The dealership[ wants my left kidney to do it themselves (The right way I guess) but we are not able to afford that route. I'm mechanically competent so willing to try, just out of my element when it comes to tractors. I hadn't seen any online information on strategies specific to this model. so I thought to reach out and pick yur collective brains if I may. If you know where this is covered elsewhere please let me know and sorry for the bother.

/ TYM 394HST in need of DIY strategy for adding rear circuits #2  
There is probably a power beyond line from the loader valve, to the top of the transmission, which feeds to the 3-point cylinder. You can probably download the parts manual, and the repair manual, to check that.

On my T233, I’m adding a second cable operated loader control valve between the FEL and the transmission, with the joystick up on the right fender. That will give me a joystick to control the top and side links on the 3-pt. And by adding a pair of electric diverter valves, I will be able to control two functions on the implement on the three point.

The other option would be a power to the rear valve, which is typical operated with a handle under the seat, and then add as many diverter/splitter valves as you need to operate things on the rear. TYm should have a kit to add the power to the rear.

The one on my T233 wasn’t too expensive, and took about half an hour to install. One of The guys on YouTube installed the kit on his tractor, and after watching it, I had a good idea of what tools, and sealants, etc., I would need to do the job. It was a well engineered kit, and took just over an hour to install, and check for leaks. This would be the easiest way to go, if you don’t have much experience. And you could add the loader style valve with joystick later, if you need to.

/ TYM 394HST in need of DIY strategy for adding rear circuits
I ended up biting the bullet and got their 4 port kit. Pretty easy instal just frustrating I couldn't have done it cheaper working off the front lines. Now the damn PTO engagement lever wont engage. Off to trouble shoot some more.

/ TYM 394HST in need of DIY strategy for adding rear circuits #4  
I ended up biting the bullet and got their 4 port kit. Pretty easy instal just frustrating I couldn't have done it cheaper working off the front lines. Now the damn PTO engagement lever wont engage. Off to trouble shoot some more.

You did the right thing in the long term, getting rear remotes, even if it was pricey.

I'm sure you'll figure out what's going on with the lever, and I'm sure it's something foolish- that you'll find before disassembly!

/ TYM 394HST in need of DIY strategy for adding rear circuits #5  
I made a video on dual remote install on the T353,394,474 chassis here earlier this fall. On the PTO lever thing, hold your left hand ready to go on the lever as you engange the RED PTO button with right hand. It will click in place as the PTO starts turning.......doing this from idle off course.

/ TYM 394HST in need of DIY strategy for adding rear circuits #6  
I made a video on dual remote install on the T353,394,474 chassis here earlier this fall. On the PTO lever thing, hold your left hand ready to go on the lever as you engange the RED PTO button with right hand. It will click in place as the PTO starts turning.......doing this from idle off course.

Good video TYMe, Just a thought though, once the valves were installed and you realized the bolts were installed upside down - why not just put the double nuts back on, remove a bolt and reinstall it the right way, then do the other and not have to mess around with grinding? It should have just slide up/out easily I would think. Great video anyhow, should give confidence to any whom might want more remotes, and whom doesn't? I have four and always appreciate the options afforded by that.
Greg

/ TYM 394HST in need of DIY strategy for adding rear circuits #7  
I was too far invested getting things together, I just had the fuel tank left when I saw it butted up against it. I've had people later tell me even after the dealer installed this kit, the bolts touched the fuel tank and they had to take it off and grind the bolts to correct the problem.

/ TYM 394HST in need of DIY strategy for adding rear circuits #8  
I was too far invested getting things together, I just had the fuel tank left when I saw it butted up against it. I've had people later tell me even after the dealer installed this kit, the bolts touched the fuel tank and they had to take it off and grind the bolts to correct the problem.
Well that makes sense! Thanks for the follow up explanation.