Tx

/ Tx #11  
There is no mechanism that I’m aware of for collecting any such use tax by my state. I bought in Colorado tax free in 2021, and that was that. When you buy a vehicle out of state, the taxes are collected when you register the vehicle, but tractors aren’t registered.
The OP doesn't say what state he is in but what you are proposing he do in order to avoid paying sales tax MAY be illegal in his state if he des not pay the states sales/use tax.

For example: Anyone who buys taxable goods and services that are stored, used or consumed in Texas from a seller who does not charge Texas sales tax owes Texas use tax.

In NM it seems to be called a Compensating Tax.
tax.newmexico.gov › home › what is the purpose of compensating tax?
December 20, 2020 - Compensating tax helps to eliminate unfair competition from out-of-state businesses. It levels the playing field when New Mexico buyers buy property, services, or some combination of property and services from out-of-state sellers who otherwise have no gross receipts tax obligations to New Mexico.

It appears you may have just advised the OP to break the law.

/ Tx #12  
The OP doesn't say what state he is in but what you are proposing he do in order to avoid paying sales tax MAY be illegal in his state if he des not pay the states sales/use tax.

For example: Anyone who buys taxable goods and services that are stored, used or consumed in Texas from a seller who does not charge Texas sales tax owes Texas use tax.

In NM it seems to be called a Compensating Tax.
tax.newmexico.gov › home › what is the purpose of compensating tax?
December 20, 2020 - Compensating tax helps to eliminate unfair competition from out-of-state businesses. It levels the playing field when New Mexico buyers buy property, services, or some combination of property and services from out-of-state sellers who otherwise have no gross receipts tax obligations to New Mexico.

It appears you may have just advised the OP to break the law.
I dont see where that guys advised anything, and if he did its on OP or anyone else that acts on internet advice.

/ Tx #13  
If you don’t live in Colorado, buy your tractor there. They don’t charge sales tax on agricultural equipment to out of state residents.
There is no mechanism that I’m aware of for collecting any such use tax by my state. I bought in Colorado tax free in 2021, and that was that. When you buy a vehicle out of state, the taxes are collected when you register the vehicle, but tractors aren’t registered.
I dont see where that guys advised anything, and if he did its on OP or anyone else that acts on internet advice.
Hershey, As you can see he actually did, and his own statement puts him in conflict with NM law as described in the passage I copied from the NM.Gov site.

/ Tx #14  
Hershey, As you can see he actually did, and his own statement puts him in conflict with NM law as described in the passage I copied from the NM.Gov site.
I didn’t see that post just the one you quoted. And in that circumstance you’re correct!

States and feds will get it and waste it. Makes paying taxes disgusting.