Price Check Trying to find out more

/ Trying to find out more #1  

Rick Sladewski

Bronze Member
Tractor
1964 MF 35 Industrial Utility,Turf (gas) 1997 T5C Terramite
I have a chance to get this, A MF35, I think 1962 or so. Can anyone tell me anything about it. Price is 1600.00 Runs fine and everything works good. A little exhaust leak by manifold that should not be a problem to fix.

Thanks
Rick Sladewski

Attachments

• New MF.jpg
    New MF.jpg
    618.1 KB · Views: 169
   / Trying to find out more #2  
I would consider $1,600 a fair price for a diesel.

Old tractors are fine if you can wrench them yourself. Do you know hydraulics?

Some old tractor parts can be difficult to lay hands on but may be available on eBay from tractors torn down for parts. MF35/135 will be easier for parts than many other tractor models.
Gas engine tractor parts more difficult than diesel tractor parts.

My local Kubota dealer in Florida bills $75 per hour for mechanic's time, plus transportation charge of $50 for picking up my tractor six miles from Kubota shop. (two round trips, 2 X 6 miles each way = 24 miles)
This is considered cheap in the NE and California.

In short, old tractors can be a money pit.

MF 35 INFO LINK: TractorData.com Massey Ferguson 35 tractor information

Last edited:
   / Trying to find out more
Thanks for the reply. I guess I should of put a little more info on my post. Yes I will be doing all work. Old tractors are like boats, they are both money pits ( have had both ). Hydraulics are not a big mystery and yes I have experience. OH, and also the tractor in question is gas. It also comes with complete books for the loader ( A MF 200 ), backhoe ( ARPS model 728 ), and the book for the tractor itself. All books are parts books, not just manuals. Apparently this tractor is a " utility and turf model MF 35 dated 1962 and it has decals on each side saying " special ".

What I really want to know is this type model worth the price and it is different than what I am use to seeing, size is a little bigger for a 35 and of course the yellow color which is original. This seems more like construction equipment than farm.

Anyone out there familiar with this type?

/ Trying to find out more #4  
The Backhoe may not be removable.

It may not come with Three Point Hitch components.

You can research MF135/Special on the internet.

This is the first Massey Ferguson tractor after Massey Harris purchased Ferguson tractors and changed its name to Massey Ferguson.

/ Trying to find out more
It does have a 3 point hitch, and the back hoe is removable

/ Trying to find out more #6  
Seems like a decent price for a backhoe. If you have a need for it and it lasts you a week or so of work you're pretty much paid for if the alternative is renting. Even if something breaks and you don't want to fix it you can probably still strip off enough parts plus the scrap metal to recover your purchase price.

/ Trying to find out more #7  
That's definitely a MF35 Utility, just like mine but you have a heavier loader and yours came with a backhoe. $1600 is a good price. It's very easy to work on, too.

Attachments

• image-1581554444.jpg
    image-1581554444.jpg
    722.3 KB · Views: 97
  • image-564334937.jpg
    image-564334937.jpg
    696.7 KB · Views: 94
  • image-1799298423.jpg
    image-1799298423.jpg
    632.5 KB · Views: 83
  • image-1437884415.jpg
    image-1437884415.jpg