Transmission speeds

/ Transmission speeds #1  

IH3444

Veteran Member
I'm looking for a gear speed chart for the 12/12, and 16/16 transmissions.

/ Transmission speeds #2  
I have looked at all the product information material from McCormick for ground speed specifications on the compact units and McCormick does not seem to have any such specification material.

Is there a certain implement application that you may be concern about?

/ Transmission speeds
Hello McGee, and thanks for all the product overviewing you have done . I did the same searchs also. I am interested in the LS, McCormick, Montana 12/12, and 16/16 SS transmissions with a mid PTO specificlly for running a front snowblower. I think that mostly all major brands offer a mid PTO with hydro transmissions in the 30-50hp range, but none offer the mid PTO with the gear drives. I was wanting to know about the lower gear ground speeds. Hopefully finding 2, or 3 gears in the below 1mph range. Kioti offer this with their DK45S tractor, 12/12 SS, but no mid PTO. Their front PTO is a bit of a joke. there is no way to push 25-35hp through that. I read absolutely good things about the LS brand, and their rebadged cousins brands, and see that they offer a mid PTO with there higher hp tractors, hence the wanting to find out about lowest ground speeds with their gear drive tractors. What a huge nitch to be filled by any tractor manufacturing company. A gear drive tractor, in the 35-70 hp range, with 25-50 mid PTO hp offered to run a 72" -84" front snowblower, and a sweet 12/12, or 16/16 transmission. Thanks for replying.

/ Transmission speeds #4  
I replied to your similar post in the LS forum. Note that the numbers listed on the page at that link are for kilometers/hour. As a mile is about 1.6 kilometers, then the 16/16 could have at least two gears below 1 mph, maybe 3.

Power Train Basic Transmission (opt) 12Fï¾—12R 12Fï¾—12R 16Fï¾—16R 16Fï¾—16R
Creeper N/A N/A opt (32Fï¾—16R) opt (32Fï¾—16R)
Speed Range (Gear) (Km/h) 1.7~26.1 1.7~27.4 1.08~30.2 1.08~32.4
Main Gear Shift type Synchro shuttle Synchro shuttle Synchro shuttle Synchro shuttle
Range Gear Shift type Gear Sliding Gear Sliding Collar shift Collar shift

The "paste" didn't work very well so you might want to check my post on the LS forum.

/ Transmission speeds
Thanks Much Blue!