Comparison Trading 4310 for 3033R - Maybe

/ Trading 4310 for 3033R - Maybe #1  

KentP

I have a 2004 4310 with 800 hours. I am thinking of trading for a 3033R. Tax savings are a large part of the consideration but I am concerned I am trading a better built 4310 for a new (possibly cheaper version) 3033R. I am not mechanically inclined and only two items are issues on the 4310. The hood is cracked and the adjustable steering needs repaired - about $1000 in repairs at the dealer. I have had everything else maintained well.

I would appreciate opinions on whether I am trading a better built tractor for a newer cheaper version. Or maybe I will be getting a much better version?

/ Trading 4310 for 3033R - Maybe #2  
if you can save enough on taxes to recoup the difference then I say go for it--let UNCLE SAM pay the difference. weather you have a better tractor or not UNCLE SAM paid for it and you would have a better resale value.

both are controlled by electronics which is the only part I don't like with either. Plastic means nothing but how it looks (and I know it's not pretty but so what) only looks bad to you no one else willl pay any attention to it, reinforce the cracks with some marine epoxy on the back side where it is not seen to hopefully stop it from cracking further deal with the steering or repair it and keep working it

Last edited:
   / Trading 4310 for 3033R - Maybe #3  
I had a 4310 and now have a 4510. I can work on these myself, no trips to the dealer. No emissions and as long as they make parts I really don’t see a need to go newer. I’d put a few bucks fixing up the old girl and keep the big money in your pocket.

Now that’s just me, the newer tractors are nice and if you want one by all means go get one. There’s just not that many features the newer tractors have that make me want to change. Best of luck whatever you decide.

A 4310 with 800 hours is nothing.

/ Trading 4310 for 3033R - Maybe #4  
I had a 4310 sense 2002, it was a great tractor, in 2016 I moved to a 3046 with a cab, the new tractor is just as capable as the old one was.

Nothing wrong with a 4310, they were good tractors

Also the cab is very nice for snow plowing in the cold wind.

/ Trading 4310 for 3033R - Maybe #5  
If it was me I would fix the 4310 and skip the emissions..