Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,611  
If you have recommendations on a brand and model of snow tires for uses on a garden tractor, I'd love to hear them. Right now I'm running chains (sometimes leave them on year round)

I ran turf tires on my garden tractor year round. It's smaller & lighter than the Iseki/Bolens shown in that picture (a Craftsman GT5000). Having tried a second set of tires on my previous, similar-sized garden tractor, I found I needed chains in the winter anyway to be able to get up and down my driveway. So I ran one set of tires with studded chains.

I have not gotten any snow-related implements for my newer garden tractor (A JD X570). I did swap out the smoother turf tires for some knobby tires (which look a bit like some milder ATV tires, but still claim to be good for turf). We'll see how they do in snow and ice when I finally get winter implements for it, but my bet is that I will still need chains.

Nokian makes snow tires for tractors, but you're not going to like the price.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,613  
We lucked out, only -4 Friday night into Saturday. Not sure what the wind chill was down to, truthfully I didn't want to know! Car started begrudgingly at 8am Saturday, but I didn't try any equipment. Didn't fire up the stove until Friday evening when I got home from work, but it was a little too late, had a couple pipes freeze that fed the washing machine. A couple minutes with a blow dryer got it moving, but wanted to freeze back up, but fine Sunday morning. The pipes are above a couple old windows, they're wrapped and packed with rockwool, but hard to fight negative temps.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,614  
If you have recommendations on a brand and model of snow tires for uses on a garden tractor, I'd love to hear them. Right now I'm running chains (sometimes leave them on year round)

I ran turf tires on my garden tractor year round. It's smaller & lighter than the Iseki/Bolens shown in that picture (a Craftsman GT5000). Having tried a second set of tires on my previous, similar-sized garden tractor, I found I needed chains in the winter anyway to be able to get up and down my driveway. So I ran one set of tires with studded chains.

I have not gotten any snow-related implements for my newer garden tractor (A JD X570). I did swap out the smoother turf tires for some knobby tires (which look a bit like some milder ATV tires, but still claim to be good for turf). We'll see how they do in snow and ice when I finally get winter implements for it, but my bet is that I will still need chains.
Turf tires on my garden tractor (Craftsman DYS4500) spun on anything damp.
I have no suggestions for snow as I never use mine in the rare occasions there's snow on the ground here.

I ended up getting "Carlisle Super Lug Lawn & Garden Tire - 20X10-8" on the back and they work great. Lawn tractor isn't heavy enough to tear up my grass noticeably.
Looking at my order history appartently they've only increased by 17% in the last 6 years, not bad (I shopped around at the time, but current price is where I got it before. You may find them cheaper elsewhere now.)

I kept turfs on the front especially since the front tires of that garden tractor splay out duck footed style; I don't think toe-in is adjustable (no idea if it would work either) and the fronts scrub a lot. Figured if they made better traction ones for the front they'd probably wear faster and tear up ground more...

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,615  
With heating season in full swing..... I was out gathering firewood today with my trusty mule. Pics of any tractor with logs split or not welcome:) my mighty bx said , the oil man can kiss my #%^.

View attachment 360389
This is the way I like to get wood a 7 cord load delivered free

Attachments

• free wood.jpg
    free wood.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 115
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,618  
Right now we can sell anything. Not many people to give that away.
I got two loads like that. I called is dumb luck. A contractor working on interstate had to take out some trees and get rid of them fast. I was just in the right place at the right time

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,620  
30 degrees yesterday - felt pretty good !! I'm liking that longer bar on my felling saw.

P1020066.JPG

gg

Last edited:

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Kubota M6S-111 (A33526)
Kubota M6S-111...
2021 John Deere XUV835M (A33544)
2021 John Deere...
2012 INTERNATIONAL TERRASTAR (A32908)
2012 INTERNATIONAL...
Metal Roofing Assortment (NEW) (A32908)
Metal Roofing...
Panels (A33041)
Panels (A33041)
Pallet of Welding Leads, Approx. 1000' - 2/0 (A33349)
Pallet of Welding...