Mowing Tractor

/ Tractor #1  

bobtail 5258

Tractor
Why does my b7500 get hot when mowing?

/ Tractor #2  
Mowing is some of the hardest work you can do on a tractor. High RPMs with moderate to heavy PTO load and forward motion load. Gonna get hot.

/ Tractor #3  
Clean the radiator or pull and clean the debris screen between fan and radiator? Solved my problems when hogging.

/ Tractor #5  
Because it is producing more heat than you are getting transferred to the air. Just being literal and a wise guy.

Many if not most of the smaller Kubotas (incl. my own BX2200 and to a lesser extent my B2150s) tend to get hot when mowing under full load. There are very standard, true and well discussed reasons and solutions. 1) Make sure the screen at your radiator, the radiator fins themselves, and all air paths for air through your radiator are clear. Blow them out with compressed air and/or water. By far the most of the overheating (and borderline hot) cases involves clogged air path. 2) The fan belt can be slipping if not tight 3) If it is an older machine and this is a chronic issue (a B7500 is an older machine for sure) even when the fins and screen and all airway are super clean then you may have a partially clogged radiator core. Flushing it out will usually fix that unless very bad. Use Prestone Flush chemical in it and run for a few hours and then reflush and refill. If VERY bad, pull the radiator off and have it professionally cleaned out.

All that out of the way, my BX2200 and others I work on will run close to the red line when the outside air temp is high (like 95 deg) and you run it hard for long periods during that time no matter how clean it is.

Thermostats are cheap and I suggest putting in a new one or at least make sure yours is opening when it should (very hot radiator hoses when the engine shows hot.)

In my opinion formed over many years, the water pumps on small Kubotas are undersized. They should be moving more coolant than they do. Too tiny.

/ Tractor #6  
Check air filter also.

/ Tractor #7  
Get one of these and really blow the radiator fins out. Flush and change coolant if it hasn't been changed in years. It could be the water pump not working properly. Check thermostat.
2023_05_06_18.34.29.jpg