tow behind boom pole

/ tow behind boom pole #1  

markct

Platinum Member
Tractor
gradall g3r excavator, kawasaki mule 2500,ford 8000,and a 1936 caterpillar road grader
i found this in farm show magazine, it looks pretty neat. i have been thinking of making one to lift stuff thats too heavy for our ford 3400 loader tractor. i do kinda wonder if that much up force might break my drawbar on my ford 8000. but still i suppose some counterweight could be added to the framework. it seem like ya could build something smaller for compact tractors too, since most of them cant lift alot on the 3pt boom poles

http://www.farmshow.com/issues/27/03/270301.asp

Attachments

• 270276-tow behind crane.jpg
    270276-tow behind crane.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,271
   / tow behind boom pole #2  
Delta Tractor in Batesville MS has one they made its on an 8000 ford and is very handy moving large items around. Afreind and i made one but fixed a hydraulic motor to his rear axle so when the going gets tough they had another drive axle. It free wheels when not needed. I have an auxhilary pump on my 2 ton dump that was used to run a gravel spreader, ive hooked it into the tag alongs motor and with a heavy bundle of beams it worked great for pushing me through the muck. I have the tandem axles off a van trailer to make a nice boom out of. My friends is handy at the lake and camps with the cabin work and also the forks we built for it.

/ tow behind boom pole
how did you make your forks, are they the hanging type with the C frame like they use on cranes, or did ya attach them to the boom directly