Toolcat 5600D Rear Drive Motor Issue

/ Toolcat 5600D Rear Drive Motor Issue #1  

FoxXcavation

Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600D
The machine has been in the family since new but has had many operators and repairs unknown to me. I would imagine the drive motors have been replaced as it has 4300hrs. I have owned it for 3 years and have put 100 man hrs into light restoration and repairs. One of the major original issues was the rear drive motor pushing hydraulic oil past the seal between it and the transaxle over filling the transaxle with hydraulic fluid causing it to come out the breather of the transaxle. I removed the motor 3 years ago, sent it to a hydraulic shop where they did minor repairs to it (seals, not sure what else) and inspected, said it was in good shape. Installed (the 2 spin on) new hydraulic filters, and all new fluid including transaxle. This lasted 8 months less than 100hrs before it happened again. Very large pain to remove the motor so I have just been adding lots of fluid to it since.

So ? are there other case drain filters for the motors I have not seen any in the parts catalog.

Obviously what may be causing the seal to fail? Too much pressure.

Most of the use has been blowing snow since Ive had it and there is an issue with not enough aux Hi flow to properly run the blower, with blower running, you push the drive pedal and instantly loose most of the flow to the blower and the aux hydraulic line shutter (physically shake as if you had just shut the blower off). So I'm thinking of retiring it from blowing snow maybe this is causing back pressure in the system and it has to go somewhere maybe dive motor seal is a weak point.

At this point in the machines life I just want to get rid of the drive motor leak, not stick a ton more money into it. Be able to use it as a yard rat and with the snow pusher I just purchased for it. I see the future repairs outweighing the value of the machine all tho It is in really good shape for its age.

/ Toolcat 5600D Rear Drive Motor Issue #2  
4300 hours is nothing. I have over 6 on one of my Kubota's and almost 4 on the other and all farm work and bith are tight and right, but then they both get careful maintenance too.

Any good machine should go at least 10K with no issues.

/ Toolcat 5600D Rear Drive Motor Issue
4300 hours is nothing. I have over 6 on one of my Kubota's and almost 4 on the other and all farm work and bith are tight and right, but then they both get careful maintenance too.

Any good machine should go at least 10K with no issues.
I would agree with you especially this particular [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]kubota[/AFFILIATE] engine and know the engine is good. The machine however was the town bike and has not had proper care or maint. before I got it from my family. For instance someone didn't keep up with adding oil and the engine was replaced, at unknown hrs ago but my guess is the new engine has 2k or less on it.

/ Toolcat 5600D Rear Drive Motor Issue #4  
What does the case drain line connect to? More case lines, common return, etc? Depending on style most shaft seals are rated for max 30 PSI

Failing seal is usually indication of some other problems.

Do you what style or brand of motor? Geroler, radial piston, axial piston?

What does the case drain line connect to? More case lines, common return, etc? Depending on style most shaft seals are rated for max 30 PSI

Failing seal is usually indication of some other problems.

Do you what style or brand of motor? Geroler, radial piston, axial piston?
They are a rex roth radial piston.

/ Toolcat 5600D Rear Drive Motor Issue #6  
Any way that you can install a pressure gauge in the case drain line close to the motor as possible? Depending on motor style their might be a second unused drain line port on the motor. Typical seal failure is high case pressure or pressure spikes.

/ Toolcat 5600D Rear Drive Motor Issue #7  
Do you have a hydraulic schematic for this machine?

Does this gave option of being either two or four wheel drive?

Any way that you can install a pressure gauge in the case drain line close to the motor as possible? Depending on motor style their might be a second unused drain line port on the motor. Typical seal failure is high case pressure or pressure spikes.
it is a hard line from the drive motor to the case drain filter housing, also may be a bit out of my wheelhouse but I will consider as that could surely lead to some answers

Do you have a hydraulic schematic for this machine?

Does this gave option of being either two or four wheel drive?
There are only parts diagrams that are broken into sections on bobcats website. It is 4wheel drive all the time.

/ Toolcat 5600D Rear Drive Motor Issue #10  
My G series service manual has a schematic at the beginning of the hydraulic section.