TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,601  
Somebody say PILES??? Quick call a Doc!!

My seat time is stuck in my chair reading what every
body else has done! YUK!

willy

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,602  
^^^^ Still waiting for that YT 235C then . . . :)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,604  
Well yesterday was the service the 3930 day. Plan was to drop the box blade and put the mower on it warm it up change oil etc. I had been through greasing adding a bit of coolant, checking steering and hydraulics, fuel, oil level, kicked the tires and jumped into the seat turned the key...the dash lights barely illuminated and no solenoid click or crank. The tractor had not been run for 6 weeks or so and I tried to jump it....only thing that changed was brighter dash lights. Pulled the jumpers and grabbed the volt meter voltage was 10.5 to 10.6 V no load and the battery case was warm. Called it quits, pulled the battery and headed home. No electricity at the place , except when I bring it in the back of the van. Put the battery on the charger and after a few minuted it gave me a dead cell fault....That wy it was only 10.5 volts. Picked up a new battery with a march build date threw it on the charger for an hour...Indicated full charge and 14.6 V no load. Back up on Friday or Saturday finish the service and start the season's mowing and grading.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,605  
I had a busy tractor day today! I pulled out more willows, and moved them to piles,

Resized-20210512-142633-4248-S.jpg

With all the mud and roots that come along with them, it's a pretty heavy load, sure glad I have the pallet forks and grapple!

Resized-20210512-142720-9167-S.jpg

After I got tired of that, I moved to the hay fields and lifted/pushed fallen tree's/branches out of the fields...

SR

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,606  
I had a busy tractor day today! I pulled out more willows, and moved them to piles,

Resized-20210512-142633-4248-S.jpg

With all the mud and roots that come along with them, it's a pretty heavy load, sure glad I have the pallet forks and grapple!

Resized-20210512-142720-9167-S.jpg

After I got tired of that, I moved to the hay fields and lifted/pushed fallen tree's/branches out of the fields...

SR

D amn right those willows have a mess underneath . . . (y)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,607  
May I ask about the pallet forks and grapple claw? I really think that would be best for our setup - just add the 3rd function and the claw... but many say we need the full grapple device instead of the forks..

@Sawyer Rob, I see you doing the exact things we need to do.

My problem is the weight.. a lot of weight is going to be given up to that big claw/cage of most grapples. Adding just the clamping claw to the pallet setup keeps the weight low and should give me good vision.

What do we give up and what can't you do with your pallet fork grapple that others can do with their complete grapple?

(sorry if my descriptions seem wrong.. not sure how the classify the differences)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,608  
The truth is, there's not much that a grapple will do that pallet forks won't do, BUT there's LOT'S a set of pallet forks/grapple will do that a grapple can't.

It's one of my best buys, used nearly daily.

SR

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,609  
View attachment 697784

Put the cultivators on and run through my taters.
The Pontiac always cone up and grow faster than the Yukon Gold. But eventually they catch up.

I planted Pontiac last year, my wife does not like the way they cook, they don’t get as soft. So only planted kennebec this year.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,610  
I don't have the grapple claw with my pallet forks but recently was using them to pick up piles of branches. Worked well in most cases but when the branches were more broken up into shorter lengths the piles did not hold together much so did not really work. Branches cascaded off to sides and between the forks when lifting.

Rob, would the claw help much with that???