TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,321  
I didnt know it came in 40S&W, but I would definitely buy it in 9mm. Even now, 9mm FMJs are coming back down in price, and increasing in availability. I havent shoot one, but they are on the list of guns that interest me. I dont really need the take down feature, but that might interest you.
I keep going back and forth on this point. I shoot 9mm Glock so they would share ammo, which can be good...but, the 40 hits harder and then I have more options for finding ammo...meaning I am not burning through my handgun ammo to shoot off.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,322  
I keep going back and forth on this point. I shoot 9mm Glock so they would share ammo, which can be good...but, the 40 hits harder and then I have more options for finding ammo...meaning I am not burning through my handgun ammo to shoot off.

If you intend to hunt with it, the .40 is a better choice...but I would go with a 10mm. The 9mm will be fine for self defense and cheaper for "fun" shooting. Bear in mind a 9mm in a carbine barrel will gain about 200 fps over a pistol. That is a 20% increase in velocity and about 45% more energy.

Think about getting into reloading and put price and availability of factory ammunition behind you.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,323  
If you intend to hunt with it, the .40 is a better choice...but I would go with a 10mm. The 9mm will be fine for self defense and cheaper for "fun" shooting. Bear in mind a 9mm in a carbine barrel will gain about 200 fps over a pistol. That is a 20% increase in velocity and about 45% more energy.

Think about getting into reloading and put price and availability of factory ammunition behind you.
Even reloading, projectiles will be atleast 50% more per pill, powder and primer are same, but price 1000 once fired 40S&W... I know market is crazy now, but you could get 5000 once fired 9mm for what, $120? That would buy maybe 1000 40 cal. Now, I like 40, and dont understand the general online hate for it, but strictly on $$$, I say go with 9mm. Seems like even in good times, you could find a much bigger selection of 9.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,324  
.40 S&W $44/1000 mix stamp, once fired, Capital Cartridge

9mm Para $59/1000 mix stamp, once fired,

I stand corrected. BTW, a buddy of mine gave me a 3 gallon bucket of 9mm brass from a police range, so I have never bought 9mm brass.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,326  
A friend of mine has/had a deal with a range local to him. He policed up brass to keep it all, re-casts lead. Last time I saw him he gave me two 200-bags of wet-tumbled LC brass. He also gets a lot of .40 S&W and 9mm brass. (meh, HGs :devilish:)

I've shot several Hi-Point pistols (.40, 9mm, .45 Auto) and liked them all for their fixed-barrel accuracy, easy racking, (heavier slide vs heavier recoil spring) and ability to digest any/all ammo fired. I also shot Doug's 9mm carbine with ATI stock. (vs fugly OEM)

Like the Charger mike0000 showed us I see the 10mm Hi-Point carbine as a legit hunter up to 75-100 yd and to be recognized. btw, get over it's price and don't expect 10mm to equal .41 Mag NRG even with the longer barrel vs the latter in a HG.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,327  
Anyone ever used the Ruger PCC? I'm thinking about getting one. I don't need a long gun with a ton of range given the wooded nature of most of my land. It can share clips with my Glock. In comes in .40 and 9mm.
I haven't used it yet but my chrony says Buffalo Bore 9mm +p is pretty stout.
Wondering if anyone else here has used it.

What makes me interested in this Ruger is that conceal carry covers it legally.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,328  

It would be mostly to shoot hogs, bit also would be good for home defense. It does not come in 10mm.
I spent a summer with my uncle ('81). He shot trap professionally. I've reloaded a ton of trap loads, but never rifle or pistol. I also don't have the equipment. Not opposed to the idea, but it would be another thing to learn...that may be good in retirement.
On a side note, he passed away a few weeks ago. Great human and an outdoorsman extraordinaire. I would love to have his gun collection. He also was a private pilot; had 3 of 4 big horn sheep; hunted Elk on horseback and Chukar Partridge and wood chucks for fun. Sorry, didn't realize how much I'm going to miss him.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,329  
I'm not sure I ever found reloading to be any significant cost savings. The real advantage is having a consistent load that works for your needs (after you've spent the time and money to find that recipe).

The other part of reloading is to know that you "rolled your own". Sort of like tying your own flies for fly fishing.

On my overseas hunting trips, I took pride in owning all of the experience and shooting my own optimized loads that I spent hours toiling over.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,330  
Reloading has cost me quite a bit of money over the years. While my cost per round is generally 1/3 or less in most of the calibers I shoot I just shoot lots more. For years I did not bother with reloading 9mm because I could shop around and find 9's for just a bit more than my cost per round to reload the savings were not worth my time. Not the case any longer so I load 9mm at less than half what the current "going" rate is. My shooting has slowed down quite a bit pending a reliable supply of primers. I an not currently willing to pay $100+/k. However, that may be the new norm.