Time to Collect the Firewood

/ Time to Collect the Firewood #11  
Thanks for the cool link. The loading ramp tensed me up however. :)

/ Time to Collect the Firewood #12  
Those "Iron Horses" are amazing. I never knew such a thing existed. Its a pretty impressive porter. Is yours one you built or bought?

/ Time to Collect the Firewood #13  
Yea cool video

/ Time to Collect the Firewood #15  
I love these machines but noticed (at least here) that all of them are made overseas. Not that I can afford one or even need one but are there U.S. manufacturers of these machines or perhaps the demand here in the states is too small? Just wondering out loud!

/ Time to Collect the Firewood #16  
They strike me as more of a tracked version of the two wheeled tractors so common in some parts of the world. The are cool.

/ Time to Collect the Firewood #17  
From what ive seen so far, they seem to be common in Scandinavia. There are even videos of guys using them to haul moose out. Scandinavia has alot of personal woodlot owners who practice low impact harvesting and this type of machine is perfect for that.

Ive seen small ("personal size") porters and skidders here, like the Bombardier J5's etc, but nothing on this small (and nimble) scale.

/ Time to Collect the Firewood #18  
They strike me as more of a tracked version of the two wheeled tractors so common in some parts of the world. The are cool.

I need to hit the lottery so I can buy a bunch of land and purchase one of these machines, cool they are!!!!

/ Time to Collect the Firewood #19  
It is quite the operation. I wonder how many times he goes across to get his yearly supply? Me, I'd have to sit on a piece of machinery to get the full effect but then I'd need a bigger pontoon with a larger engine, a larger wood trailer and of course now a larger vehicle to tow it all with. There goes the budget.