Thoughts on a 2014 Mahindra 3016

/ Thoughts on a 2014 Mahindra 3016 #1  

notacos4u

Tractor
Mahindra 1533
I am debating on whether or not to purchase this tractor. It has 88 hrs. and I can get it for a good price, around $12000, there is also a 2015 3016 with 33 hrs. for $17000 with a cab, but it's located in my state, so I will also have to pay taxes on that price.

I was wondering what people thought of these tractors? I own 90 acres, mostly wooded. 3 acres of that is an area where I am potentially looking to put in a food plot, but other than that, I was looking to use it to cut and maintain trails, our gravel driveway, and general work around our property.

Would this be a good tractor for this purpose and which one of the 2 would you get if you were purchasing if you'd purchase one. I am open to other options as well, just wasn't sure what other models were comparable. I originally was looking into a Mahindra 2538, but after seeing what one of these has done on someone else's property, made me think I might not need something that big. Thanks for all the help and advice.

/ Thoughts on a 2014 Mahindra 3016 #2  
Solid machine. I believe that model is a Mitsubishi which has an excellent track record. Only you can decide cab vs no cab. I’d be worried about a cab in the woods but folks who have cabs seem to like them!

/ Thoughts on a 2014 Mahindra 3016 #3  
I have a 2014 3016. It is fully Mitsubishi made and is considered one of the best tractors Mahindra ever offered. Do a forum search for 3016 and you'll see many many raves about it. When it was being phased out, people were searching all over the country trying to find them. They are very desirable.

They were ' replaced' with the 1526, which is the exact same machine but for a tuned down engine to meet final tier 4 regs.

The cab model is actually a 3616. Almost identical to the 3016 but a couple hp more.

88 hours is basically new.

The cabbed model might be a problem if it is to be mainly in the woods. I chose not to get the cab for that reason.