That battery seemed to live a short life

/ That battery seemed to live a short life #21  
You forgot Delphi flooded cell starting batteries (what I use in my tractors)... Johnson Controls.

You also forgot Deka which are produced by Crown battery, just east of Toledo, Ohio. Crown mostly makes fork lift batteries but also makes Deka.

Flooded cell batteries are like mouthwash. Only the labeling changes, not what is inside so why it's of paramount importance to check the build date and make doubly sure the installer trickle charges ANY battery prior to installing.

/ That battery seemed to live a short life #22  
It's not so long as you make a habit of checking the actual build date (not the punch out junk that is on top of the battery and never. never buy any flooded cell battery from a low volume retailer. Keep in mind that once a flooded cell battery has electrolyte put in it, it begins it's useful life. Sitting on a shelf collecting dust, the battery is always headed toward extinction.

Like I said, any good shop knows every new battery must be trickle charged before installing. I say any good shop but in reality, most just put them in and never trickle charge them prior to.
Hard for me to do because I NEVER go to town. I send the wife with my list of stuff I need done. LOL

/ That battery seemed to live a short life #23  
Arguing over who makes the best automotive battery (not EV) is kinda useless, age from date manufactured to date put in service is IMHO. There are only 4 manufacturers for batteries for the U.S. market. Here are just a few of the battery brand names and who is manufactures them.

Interstate, Diehards, Energizer, Optima, Varta (European) and Motorcraft - Johnson Controls (Clarios after 2019 sale of automotive battery division). They make up one-third of the world's battery production.

EverStart, NAPA - East Penn.

AC Delco - Middle East Battery company, which Johnson Controls partly owns.

Toyota TrueStart - Exide and/or Clarios.

Chrysler/Dodge - Johnson Controls, East Penn and Exide.
No more Kubota OEM Deka?

Longest lasting ever was my BX Deka battery a name I had never heard of before on the West Coast.

/ That battery seemed to live a short life #24  
It was not meant to be a full listing, only to point out there are limited companies making the batteries that are being compared to one another. Kinda like comparing apples from the right and left side of the same tree limb.

/ That battery seemed to live a short life
It was not meant to be a full listing, only to point out there are limited companies making the batteries that are being compared to one another. Kinda like comparing apples from the right and left side of the same tree limb.
But are all of the batteries built to the same design and specification? Sort of like saying a Chevrolet and a Cadillac are the same, because they're both built by General Motors.

/ That battery seemed to live a short life
Passenger side battery was the one that went bad. I replaced it with another Motorcraft from O-Reilly's. Cost was $221

I also wanted to give a shout-out to Noco jump packs (or any of the various manufacturers). I carry a Noco GB150 that has been indispensable numerous times for jumping cars, trucks, tractors, welders etc.

I can't imagine not having a jump pack in my truck.

/ That battery seemed to live a short life #28  
But are all of the batteries built to the same design and specification? Sort of like saying a Chevrolet and a Cadillac are the same, because they're both built by General Motors.
I have no idea but I cannot see the manufacturers tooling up to have a wide variety of build specs for each label they might build for. My guess is they have few builds/designs, 3 or 4 maybe, with different plate, strap and cases. Like the Chevy, Buick and Caddy models that are built on the same basic chassis just different trim and name plates.