Terramite T5C carburetor problems

/ Terramite T5C carburetor problems #1  

patp744

Bronze Member
Tractor
terramite t5c
ok,, i had had this thing apart so many time and still cant get it from flooding ..

i have installed a new float, new needle , played with the foat settings , ..

no matter how i set this thing it still floods out to the point of having to take the plugs out to turn it over ..

i will be doing oil change number three today..

yes i have a fuel shut of valve but its pointless because on how fast it floods out ..

kohler 20 magnum , i managed to find carb parts at ope engiens .. but i cant find any setting info on thes carb anywhere ..

/ Terramite T5C carburetor problems
sorry .. had to rant...

anywho .. took it apart again , checked the float and the needle , took the air gun and blew out the needle port , put it all back together ..and.... no flooding ..!!!

made sure the main and idle needles where set to kohler specs, and wouldnt you know it ...it runs..and runs good..

i was worried abote it blowing smoke ...nope nothing .. i probably have the cleanest crank case out there , three oil changes full of fuel ..

now lets hope the bearings hold up ..

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Terramite T5C carburetor problems #3  
Is that the same carb we told you about cleaning out the seat under the needle valve,

Even a small sliver of a thread will cause the needle to leak. Also corrosion.

That can and will happen to any carb with a needle and seat.

Yeah. ...it was... : /

I flushed it out with carb cleaner a couple of times .. I guess what ever it was need 100psi. From the air gun..

runs good at idle ..run good at high rpm. Until you go full forward or reverse on level ..then it gets a little coughing fit..

I have no tach so I got no clue where my rpm's are at ..gonna try digging tomorrow and see if it acts up..

/ Terramite T5C carburetor problems #5  
i don't believe you are cleaning the carb. more like giving it a shower rather then a bath and a scrub. I would recommend using a cleaning tool for the ports/lifter tubes etc... similar to this modelAmazon.com: K&L Supply Carb Cleaner Kit 35-3498: Automotive

this should include pulling apart all parts of the carb including welch plugs ( you will need replacements), idle needles , main needle etc...

I believe if you complete a in depth cleaning your coughing fit will go away.

I have replacement Welch plugs that came with a rebuild pack I hot from ope engines ...

how dose one remove these plugs ? ?

and I'm guessing that I press in the new one ?

/ Terramite T5C carburetor problems #7  
I have replacement Welch plugs that came with a rebuild pack I hot from ope engines ...

how dose one remove these plugs ? ?

and I'm guessing that I press in the new one ?

i'm sure theres a video on youtube or similar but in short. you can drill a small hole in teh plug and thread in a screw and pull/pop it out. the new ones press in but you'll need to us a small punch and detent the plug so the shape changes and it gets wedged in place.