Tell me I didn't make a mistake....

/ Tell me I didn't make a mistake.... #1  

Anonymous Poster

Tell me I didn\'t make a mistake....

I just picked up a rough L2250 (4x4) for $2,300 US. She smokes a bit & the sheet metal has a couple of rust throughs... But she starts right up & appears to be operational.... Am I crazy???

John

/ Tell me I didn't make a mistake.... #2  
Re: Tell me I didn\'t make a mistake....

From http://www.kubotatractor.com
L-1
L2250 F/DT
21 HP
1985 Year First Produced

Don't know the hours and that makes a lot of difference, but I believe I would have bought it. Congrats.

/ Tell me I didn't make a mistake.... #3  

If it is in working shape all she needs is a little TLC!!!
any workable tractor would go for that around here

/ Tell me I didn't make a mistake.... #4  

I don't know where you are located, or what the market is in your area, but if it's operational, it would be a bargain in this area./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Tell me I didn't make a mistake....

Does it have a loader or do you have an attachment to pick stuff up with the rear 3pt?

The first time you pick up and move something that you shouldn't have been doing with your back you have easily saved your purchase price.

Unfortunately our human 2pt lift mechanism doesn't know when our tractor frame can't take it!

Ask anyone who's screwed up their back. It can be forever a problem ie pain. That's one of the justifications I have for getting a hydraulic thumb on my Kubota.

del

/ Tell me I didn't make a mistake.... #6  

sounds great, just as long as you have a seatbelt and ROPS. If you die in a rollover, no bargain is worth it.If you have no ROPS, I bet you can order one from Kubota.

/ Tell me I didn't make a mistake.... #7  

Most of us started w/ a second tractor and learn thru the years,and it sounds like you have made a good deal.
Not sure where you live by that I mean you could have a good winter project in restoring you Kubota,than you could sell it or trade it or maybe not.
$2.300.00 for a tractor isn't all that much if you compare to a lawn and graden brand name tractor.

Have fun and learn.
Stay safe and /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH