Oil & Fuel TC35D fuel tank issue

/ TC35D fuel tank issue #1  

gmason

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC35D4
Hello NH folks again, it seems that I've gotten a "nest" in my fuel tanks that once in a while will get part of the way down my fuel line and cause the tractor to stop.
I pull the fuel line off the tank side of the filter and BLOW and after a few secs I blow it back into the tank and I hear bubbles and then fuel flows out the line.

is there a process to remove the tank so I can flip it and wash it out?

are there other ways to get debris out of the tank?

thanks
gary

/ TC35D fuel tank issue #2  
Gary, removing the fuel tank is pretty easy. Can you drain the tank with a pump or siphon before starting the job? If you don't drain it, removing the fuel feed line at the bottom of the tank is gonna make a mess.

The steps are:

1. Drain the tank.
2. Remove the fuel feed line. It's located at the bottom-right of the fuel tank behind the seat (bottom left if you are looking from the seat area).
3. Remove the cover from the top-middle of the tank to reveal the fuel return line and fuel level sending unit.
4. Remove the return line.
5. Disconnect the wire from the sending unit.
6. Go to rear of tractor.
7. There is an angled metal bar along the bottom of the fuel tank that the toplink hook attaches to. On each end of that metal bar remove the bolts and bar (including the SMV sign).
8. Lift the tank up and out.

/ TC35D fuel tank issue
Good, thanks... i'll take some pics of my process and post. i'm glad I don't have to take the seat out or the ROPS

here's the reason for some of the junk in my filter.... looks like it's time for a new sending unit

gary

Attachments

• P1050719.jpg
    P1050719.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 683
Last edited:
   / TC35D fuel tank issue #4  
Holy cow! That is unbelievable. Has your tractor set for a long time with an empty fuel tank? Do you suppose that happened before you ever got the tractor? Maybe when it was new and on the dealer's lot? I have to admit though, that the underside of my operator's platform looks very similar.

/ TC35D fuel tank issue
I've had this new from the dealer, I think I had some fuel that had some water in it as once, when it was below freezing here, I had to take my fuel filter off and thaw the ice out of it.
But lately I haven't been using it too much and I don't keep the tank full since I don't want all the diesel going bad on me.

I'm trying to figure how to get those 2 wires off the top of the unit?? I tried prying them off with the flathead screwdriver, but no go, so I just sprayed some WD40 like stuff under them incase they are rusted also.

/ TC35D fuel tank issue
Ok, so I have a TC35DA tractor that I bought it brand new, just .2 hrs on it.
My tractor sale parts ordered me my part for the fuel sending part. when I went to pick it up today it wasn't like the one I took off my tractor.
the new one had 2 terminal links, but the one I just took off had the rubber jumpers in the center circle. after looking at the service manual it did look like that there are 2 different sending units. it looks like that my TC35DA tractor actually got the sending unit for the TC35. that one has the rubber terminal links, but the DA models had the 2 open terminals. So something happened at the factory when mine was made and my DA got the wrong sending unit.... hummmm

/ TC35D fuel tank issue
tc35 parts page.jpg

here's the parts page that show 2 different part numbers for the Fuel sending unit. The one with the 28" wiring harness is $140 and the one without the harness and just the terminal ends is $95. Guess NH figured out that having the sending unit with the wire harness attached was silly and no need to replace good wiring when the sending unit goes bad.

/ TC35D fuel tank issue #8  
hey guys - got a 33d - got new several years ago - got a fuel starvation issue - it seems that the fuel line within the tank has come disconnected and is floating on top of the fuel - if the tank is pressurized - air is forced out the fuel line to the filter - I have gotten around it by running a hose from the fuel filler to the injector - adapted from the handbook of midnight gas station :) can稚 find any good diagrams of how the tank is constructed internally - what is the best way to reconnect the fuel feed? - tks
View attachment 340719

here's the parts page that show 2 different part numbers for the Fuel sending unit. The one with the 28" wiring harness is $140 and the one without the harness and just the terminal ends is $95. Guess NH figured out that having the sending unit with the wire harness attached was silly and no need to replace good wiring when the sending unit goes bad.

/ TC35D fuel tank issue #9  
I don't know if this will be of any use to you. Assuming the link actually works as I've not had much joy with links to this site. This is the fuel tank for a TC35DA European model. Hope it's of some help:

https://ngpc.cnh.com/CStoneEPC/messagebroker/image/getPDFAttachment

EDIT: Drat!! Link doesn't work. Must need to be logged in. I'll find a way round it.

/ TC35D fuel tank issue #10  
Hello NH folks again, it seems that I've gotten a "nest" in my fuel tanks that once in a while will get part of the way down my fuel line and cause the tractor to stop.
I pull the fuel line off the tank side of the filter and BLOW and after a few secs I blow it back into the tank and I hear bubbles and then fuel flows out the line.

is there a process to remove the tank so I can flip it and wash it out?

are there other ways to get debris out of the tank?

thanks
gary
Gary,
Please still be here.
I have a TC35D exhibiting some of the same symptoms. It will run perfectly for a while then start bogging down, losing RPMs, as if it is starving for fuel.
I've been down the same trouble shooting maze that you have. Changing the fuel filter, blowing out the fuel line, removing and cleaning the fuel tank, replacing the fuel level sending unit. I'm sure all was needed, but the symptoms have not changed or lessened.
Please tell me you found the solution. I am so frustrated.

Thanks!