T5C SSQA Conversion

/ T5C SSQA Conversion #1  

jgriffin1720

Tractor
Terramite T5C
Going to be doing a skid steer quick attach conversion on my T5C, starting this thread to post pics for everyone. I am fabricating everything except the quick attach adapter myself so I will post info as best as I can. the quick attach I am using I got off of ebay from river valley machine, weighs 85lbs, and was cheap enough that I couldn't make it myself for less if you counted my time. I am going to upgrade the curl cylinder to a 2.25 bore cylinder to get a little more curl force to make up for the difference in leverage with the quick attach. For the bucket I found a 60" skid steer bucket from tomahawk that only weighs 255lbs, and the capacity perfectly matches the lift capacity of a T5C, I will resize it so that it works better with the machine if necessary. I also plan to set it up with a fork rack, third function, and grapple either from Artillian attachments or I will make my own, borrowing from their design.

/ T5C SSQA Conversion #2  
I did a QA on my T9. I would suggest that you temporarily weld a bar between both loader arms to maintain the spread before you dissasemble. Then tack your eyes to the QA while it is assembled and watch for metal movement. I reused the original bucket parts and had some movement issues because I didn't think ahead.

Last edited:
   / T5C SSQA Conversion #3  
Well you have a lot of work ahead of you & I have been thinking also about how to make a conversion.

The big problem is how to keep the weight down & attach the single curl cylinder. I like the 85 pound weight & it does look well made.

The next puzzle is with the handles as close as they are & the cylinder needing to go between them. The upgrade to a 2.5 cylinder I hadn't thought of but I am wondering if that may be a bit much.

For myself I would try the original first & adjust if needed. I am looking forward to seeing your progress please take good pictures with measurements & part #.

I tried to find RIVER VALLY MACHINE on eBay they were sold out at this time. I then tried to look them up & couldn't find them. perhaps I missed it.

I think you will have a lot of interest in this. Keep us posted.