T494 vs 4820

/ T494 vs 4820 #1  

Torvy

Tractor
TYM T574H
I am getting very close to pulling the trigger on one of these two. I have spoken with the 3 dealers within a hour or so of my place. They can all get either model regardless of which brand they sold prior to the recent blending.

Here's the tale of the tape for things that matter:

Branson advantages:
4 range vs 3 range HST
PTO HP (+1.2)
Hydraulic flow (+1.64)
Ground Clearance (+1.7")
Turning radius (-0.92')

TYM advantages:
Fuel tank (+5.2 gal)
3pt capacity (+516 lbs) at pins
Weight (+40 lbs) negligible advantage
FEL cap (+89 lbs) at pins
FEL max hgt (+2.4")
Breakout (+1656)
Digging depth (2.5")

Things that may depend on your usage more:
TYM is 12.9" longer
Branson is 1.1" wider
TYM is 3.7" taller
TYM wheelbase is 5.1" longer

Standard feature differences:
TYM comes with 2 sets of rear remotes
TYM comes with arm rests
TYM comes with lever in back to adjust 3pt
Branson comes with rear work light
Branson has metal hood
TYM joystick has 3rd function buttons built in

The price difference from all 3 dealers was an extra $2000 for the Branson.

These are really close overall, but I am going to go with the TYM for my use.

Please add/correct anything in missed.

/ T494 vs 4820 #2  
That's the stats differences and that's ok. However, I do suggest that you take some time to go and check both of those tractors in person and preferably sit and even operate them, if possible.

Over the years since I own mine, I've compared most brands side by side on local Ag fairs. A real good place to compare tractors, since you can literally check most of them out right there on the spot.

Not saying the TYM is bad by any means, but comparing it to the Branson, it's night and day difference on the overall build of the tractor. Branson is really heavily built compared to everything else.

A nice view that shows what I'm trying to say, is looking at both models for the rear. You'll notice that most of the stuff there is heavier, thicker, stronger on the Branson. Rear axles and axles housings are comparable to a bigger frame 60 HP tractor, like for instance a Deutz Fhar 5070DF. Same of the 3 pt linkage.

Don't know if you're going with ROPS or Cab but as far as cabs go, shouldn't be that much of a difference, since the cabs are pretty much the same. I believe Branson started using TYM cabs on <50 HP models when TYM bought part of Kukje in 2016 or so. Around 2018 is when they release the 15 series with the TYM cab.

Again, not saying that TYM is bad by any means. I hope TYM will retain the heavy duty construction that Kukje have been doing.

Found some pictures of what I was saying, but it's way better to check out in person. TYM on the left and Branson on the right.

img.axd
4820H-7-Rear.jpg

/ T494 vs 4820
That's the stats differences and that's ok. However, I do suggest that you take some time to go and check both of those tractors in person and preferably sit and even operate them, if possible.

Over the years since I own mine, I've compared most brands side by side on local Ag fairs. A real good place to compare tractors, since you can literally check most of them out right there on the spot.

Not saying the TYM is bad by any means, but comparing it to the Branson, it's night and day difference on the overall build of the tractor. Branson is really heavily built compared to everything else.

A nice view that shows what I'm trying to say, is looking at both models for the rear. You'll notice that most of the stuff there is heavier, thicker, stronger on the Branson. Rear axles and axles housings are comparable to a bigger frame 60 HP tractor, like for instance a Deutz Fhar 5070DF. Same of the 3 pt linkage.

Don't know if you're going with ROPS or Cab but as far as cabs go, shouldn't be that much of a difference, since the cabs are pretty much the same. I believe Branson started using TYM cabs on <50 HP models when TYM bought part of Kukje in 2016 or so. Around 2018 is when they release the 15 series with the TYM cab.

Again, not saying that TYM is bad by any means. I hope TYM will retain the heavy duty construction that Kukje have been doing.

Found some pictures of what I was saying, but it's way better to check out in person. TYM on the left and Branson on the right.

img.axd
4820H-7-Rear.jpg
Thanks, I appreciate your insight. I went to Big Tex to see the Branson (one of the biggest dealers in US). They had a 5835 in stock, but that is way out of my budget.

Definitely ROPS in my area. 3/4 of my property is pine plantation. No winter most years, so cabs are not worth the cost in my case.

Your pictures show another small feature for the TYM. That rear window makes looking at 3pt a bit easier.

/ T494 vs 4820 #5  
I'm looking at the same two tractors with cabs and the Branson is my choice because of the build quality and the fact that I have had my 3820i for 15 years with no problems at all. I just want a cab for winter plowing and the 3820i is in great shape with 1000 hours. The Branson is a beast and I love the Cummins engine..

/ T494 vs 4820 #6  
I like the 4820…. But my dealer now cannot tell me it’s fate in the new lineup. The TYM dealer said they cannot say that they will ever see a TYM 4820 hit the lot at this point.

It is between the 4820 and the T494 because they share a power plant

/ T494 vs 4820 #7  
I wonder where the TYM weighs more, if when looking at the rear, it seems so much lighter?