T330 HST No Go?

/ T330 HST No Go? #1  

eddiebilt

1st post to tbn. any advice why my 08 tractor will not start? I have put 51 hours on it with no problems since its first hour when I found and trouble shot an issue that resulted in a special bulletin to be sent out to all dealers late last spring. no relation to my current problem which is electronic, i'm thinking? ok here is were I am at.
battery 12.7 V
power to and thru 3 points ign key switch.
continuity thru seat and master brake saftey switches.
starter will not spin.
no horn, dash spot signal or head lights.
all reg fuses ok.
3 main harness 50amp fuses ok.
all selector levers and switches in proper positions. continuity assumed at this time.
problem arose and remains the one time I tried to start the tractor when left outdoors in very cold weather. my 1st attempt was done correctly with aid of glow plugs but engine failed to catch after cranking for app 10 sec's. after waiting app 5 minutes I tried to start a 2nd time.
when I turned the key to left the glow plug light flashed a few times and I heard a few clicks, I then turned the key to the right and heard a few more clicks before the starter would spin. I let off on the key and heard 5 or 6 more quick clicks from the inst panel area and also noticed a few of the info/warning lights flash? I called my dealer about the logic/controller box. he said if mine was bad then they just keep clicking? mine does not. I removed the box today and noticed that the 5+6 pins ever so slightly apper to have overheater? I have a call into the dealer now but have not heard back yet so I thought to post here hoping for some insite!

tia
eddie

/ T330 HST No Go? #2  
1st post to tbn. any advice why my 08 tractor will not start? I have put 51 hours on it with no problems since its first hour when I found and trouble shot an issue that resulted in a special bulletin to be sent out to all dealers late last spring. no relation to my current problem which is electronic, i'm thinking? ok here is were I am at.
battery 12.7 V
starter will not spin.
all reg fuses ok.
all selector levers and switches in proper positions. continuity assumed at this time.
problem arose and remains the one time I tried to start the tractor when left outdoors in very cold weather. my 1st attempt was done correctly with aid of glow plugs but engine failed to catch after cranking for app 10 sec's. after waiting app 5 minutes I tried to start a 2nd time.
when I turned the key to left the glow plug light flashed a few times and I heard a few clicks, I then turned the key to the right and heard a few more clicks before the starter would spin. I let off on the key and heard 5 or 6 more quick clicks from the inst panel area and also noticed a few of the info/warning lights flash? I called my dealer about the logic/controller box. he said if mine was bad then they just keep clicking? mine does not. I removed the box today and noticed that the 5+6 pins ever so slightly apper to have overheater? I have a call into the dealer now but have not heard back yet so I thought to post here hoping for some insite!

tia
eddie

I'm not familaiar with your specific tractor. However is there a transmission or a clutch safety switch? Usually the starter solenoid requires continuity through the transmission neutral switch or the clutch pedal depressed switchbefore the solenoid will close and connect the starter directly to the battery. You mentioned a seat switch and a master brake switch but the major reason for the transmission or clutch switches is to prevent starting in gear.

/ T330 HST No Go? #3  
battery 12.7 V
starter will not spin.
all reg fuses ok.

tia
eddie
Check your HST Petals, Try holding the key to crank while playing with the petals, There is a saftey switch on the centering of the petals. Also check the PTO Switch, This would also keep it from cranking. Let us know on how you made out

Last edited:
   / T330 HST No Go?
Well the dealer never did show up today. I called and left a message late afternoon. He called me back and said he called TYM rep and they thought it best to replace the whole main wiring harness rather than fiddle with it? See when I got the tractor it was one of the first out of a new assembly plant down south somewhere. Long story short is they wire tied wiring and hoses in places that did not allow proper clearance when the ROP was later installed and tightened down. No one noticed the problem until I did when I noticed fuel pumping out of the return line when the pressure pulled it off the barbed pipe on the end injector! No big deal for me. I told them about it. I fixed it. S- - T happens. No I did not get a free T-Shirt! Come ta thinking bout it I did not get a cup a coffee either! My dealer is a good honest guy and I love the tractor.
So with the tractor due to sit a no go in my yard until the ambulance arrives (when the new harness gets delivered I was told) I figured I best fiddle with it cause chances are my harness is fine and we could be waisting time waiting for a new one. Glad I did. While I was pulling back the rubber boot on the starter post I had my test light in my other hand on the starter itself. DAMM the thing was glowing bright. The Starter is shorting out. How many times has it been the 1st thing I check,,,,faulty wiper motors, starters, blower motors etc! Oh well, I use the excuse that its only got 51 hours on it and never cranked more than 7 seconds and that was only once, the last time it spun! All week long I was thinking it was the controller? Now I believe that the controller shuts everything down when there is a fault? Correct me if I am wrong? Its not fixed yet! I left a message with the dealer. Now do ya think they ship the harness or a starter? Oh yea its worth mentioning, the first week I owned the tractor and the last few days I have checked every possible inch of the wiring that can be check with it installed on the tractor. All looks fine. Also no continuity on the magnetic switch/solenoid terminals so my guess is Bendix spring or internal issues with starter motor? Comments and concerns always welcome, thanks for reading my ramblings
eddiebilt: