T293 Rear Axle Seal Replacement Help

/ T293 Rear Axle Seal Replacement Help #1  

kenb1023

Silver Member
Tractor
2019 Cub Cadet XT1 and 2010 TYM T293
Off to the next repair of the spring. My rear axle seal has been leaking now for a few years and I think it is time to tackle it. I have the new seal but not sure on the procedure to get the axle out. If anyone has a procedure for this let me know. I figure I have to pull the outer housing off to get to the C clip inside so the axle will come out. What do I need to look for when pulling the housing off and putting it back on? Do I need a gasket to replace when going back together and are there torque values for the housing bolts? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

/ T293 Rear Axle Seal Replacement Help #2  
Did you replace the seal yourself? Did you find any info,my 293 is leaking now.Thank You

/ T293 Rear Axle Seal Replacement Help #4  
Off to the next repair of the spring. My rear axle seal has been leaking now for a few years and I think it is time to tackle it. I have the new seal but not sure on the procedure to get the axle out. If anyone has a procedure for this let me know. I figure I have to pull the outer housing off to get to the C clip inside so the axle will come out. What do I need to look for when pulling the housing off and putting it back on? Do I need a gasket to replace when going back together and are there torque values for the housing bolts? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Ken, It's been several years since I changed out both of mine and I don't know how different the 293 is from the 273; but...the hardest part for me was that the ROP had to be removed from the tractor. It's heavy and awkward to handle alone. Other than that, the service manual shows all of what needs to come apart and how to do so. I didn't need or use a gasket, just some black silcone paste that was recommended by Ken at Jordans. Where I got all my needed parts and advice from. Oh yeah, I needed to buy some really heavy duty snap ring pliers as my home use ones just wouldn't handle the large, stiff rings. You'll be able to get-er-done I'm sure. Good luck, Greg

Edit--I just now looked at the date and see you posted in 2021--I know you must of gotten it done. Sorry for my unneeded and very late advice.