T233, 273, and 293 Engine interchangeability.

/ T233, 273, and 293 Engine interchangeability. #1  

jigs_n_fixtures

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM T233
I’ve been looking at the specs and parts books, for the three tractors, and they seem to be the same except for the horsepower of the Mitsubishi S3L and S3L2 engines. The S3L2 engines have a 1.3-liter displacement. But the block, bell housing pattern and flywheel are the same.

It appears from my research that the chassis, transmission, etc. are the same on all three tractors, with just the engine horsepower being different.

I’m thinking of starting to look for the 29-hp version of the engine, used in the 293, and swap it into my 233.

Can anyone think of down sides, or issues?

Thanks, Jigs.

/ T233, 273, and 293 Engine interchangeability. #2  
Only the emissions stuff. And what is wrong with the engine in yours now? I would not do it just for the sake of doing it. But if the engine in yours is shot then I would consider it. However upgrading to more weight with more power would be very tempting if that is the case. Depends on what you want to accomplish.

/ T233, 273, and 293 Engine interchangeability. #3  
I’ve been looking at the specs and parts books, for the three tractors, and they seem to be the same except for the horsepower of the Mitsubishi S3L and S3L2 engines. The S3L2 engines have a 1.3-liter displacement. But the block, bell housing pattern and flywheel are the same.

It appears from my research that the chassis, transmission, etc. are the same on all three tractors, with just the engine horsepower being different.

I’m thinking of starting to look for the 29-hp version of the engine, used in the 293, and swap it into my 233.

Can anyone think of down sides, or issues?

Thanks, Jigs.
Jigs, I've looked at the specs too and can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. I've often wondered how the exact same engine - could produce 23, 27, and/or 29Hp??? If you could get access to a 29Hp engine I say go ahead and swap it in. I just can't see why it wouldn't work! Good hunting.