Suspension for zero-turn mower seat

/ Suspension for zero-turn mower seat #1  

MoArk Willy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320
As advanced as tractors have become it seems like the seat is still the roughest part of the equation.
Has anyone upgraded their seat to a suspension type or added the slim "suspension mechanism" to an existing seat?
I'm curious as to whether or not the difference in ride height is substantial enough to either change the ability to steer the mower effectively or affect the center of gravity enough to make a difference.
I am considering the Ultima series for my bumpy yard and although the new Cub seat looks quite comfy I am thinking I will need to upgrade with one of the two options mentioned above.
Does anyone have experience doing this or perhaps is the Ultima Cub seat actually good enough to not bother to make the change?
Thanks for any insight.

/ Suspension for zero-turn mower seat #2  
When I got my Z121S it came with the suspension seat. It helps a lot on normal bumps. I haven't noticed any difference in steering if the seat is all the way up or all the way down.

/ Suspension for zero-turn mower seat #3  
I bought one of the suspension platforms for my Exmark about 5 years ago. I too was concerned about the extra height, but it turned out to be barely noticeable after the first few minutes of mowing.
The platform was easy to install, and helped smooth out the bumpy ride, and I am satisfied with the results, but is not comparable to an air ride or a quality suspension seat. As I recall, the cost was somewhere in the $100 to 150 range.

/ Suspension for zero-turn mower seat #4  
Kubota wants $300 for the suspension adapter, $550 for new suspension seat for my zt.

/ Suspension for zero-turn mower seat #5  
I got one of each. This one I put on a Yanmar
download.jpg
IMG_20190405_071555.jpg

And this one on a ZT.
download (1).jpg
IMG_20170804_164639.jpg

Both required some fab work to attach and height adjustment

/ Suspension for zero-turn mower seat
I bought one of the suspension platforms for my Exmark about 5 years ago. I too was concerned about the extra height, but it turned out to be barely noticeable after the first few minutes of mowing.
The platform was easy to install, and helped smooth out the bumpy ride, and I am satisfied with the results, but is not comparable to an air ride or a quality suspension seat. As I recall, the cost was somewhere in the $100 to 150 range.

Thank you. That is what I had wondered. I currently. have a little Cub Cadet lawn tractor which I added a suspension seat to. It raised it up considerably. The biggest issue was the slide adjustment. I wound up cutting part of the rear metal off so the seat could slide back far enough for anyone but a "little person" to use.
Since the tractor is about 13 years old I wasn't worried about cutting the metal. I just don't want to do that with a new machine and the platform seemed like a good solution.
Thanks for your input.

/ Suspension for zero-turn mower seat #7  
   / Suspension for zero-turn mower seat #8  
I've got a CC XT3 GSX but I'm too cheap to add $300.00 under the seat of a lawn mower. Instead I found a couple rubber bumpers cups on Amazon that helped dampen the worse ruts.

/ Suspension for zero-turn mower seat #9  
I've got a CC XT3 GSX but I'm too cheap to add $300.00 under the seat of a lawn mower. Instead I found a couple rubber bumpers cups on Amazon that helped dampen the worse ruts.

I saw on YouTube a redneck air seat, a rubber boat fender, one of the small ones about 4" in diameter. I bought one today at Academy sports for 8 bucks, gonna try it on my zero turn. LOL

/ Suspension for zero-turn mower seat #10  
I thought of that, air suspension, but cushion for hemorrhoids came to mind!