Snow Attachments Suggestions on rear mounted snow blower

/ Suggestions on rear mounted snow blower #1  

AKFord

I used the Search function but maybe I chose my search words poorly as I didn't find the answer I was looking for, so here goes.

I am looking to buy a rear mounted snow blower for a Kubota BX 1500 which has a 15 HP diesel. I am going to stick to the 48" range as that is as much as the tractor could handle. My tractor dealer sells Meteor (or Metor?) blowers with welded on shoes and a manual chute operation, does anyone have any experience with this brand or recomendaitons on another brand? Just looking for something with decent quality and dependebility (who isn't?!) but something that won't brake the wallet (again, who isn't?). Thanks for any input, your time is appreciated.

/ Suggestions on rear mounted snow blower #2  
Around here (Minnesota) dealers sell Buhler brand blowers. They are low priced, but built well. My neighbor bought one and had the dealer install a hydraulic cylinder to rotate the chute. Now he could pull the cylinder and use it for other things in the summer. That is a good way to think of investing in a hyd cylinder, you can use it a number of places. So don't count the cost of the cylinder in the cost of the blower. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Suggestions on rear mounted snow blower #3  
I bought a Buhler/Farm King 60" in December '03 for $1400 (assembled-tested-delivered), seems to work great for me. Mine has the manual hand crank chute rotator because I don't have rear hydraulic remotes on either of the CUTs I use. There are several on TBN who use Meteor with good results. Rear mount blowers are easy to use and much faster than using a FEL or a rear blade.

/ Suggestions on rear mounted snow blower #4  
I have a Meteor 66-68 inch rear mount blower for my JD 870 (28HP). It works well in everything but really wet and heavy. It will chew through hard frozen snowbanks and throw the results 40 feet. It is really well made. I bought it as part of a package deal but IIRC, it was about $C1600 four years ago. That was just over U$D1000 at the time.

Matthew

/ Suggestions on rear mounted snow blower #5  
I have a 60 inch Meteor on a Kubota B2410. It has been in service for at least ten years now- other than a couple of sheer pins and drive chain rebuilding, (which I would consider normal wear and tear), it performs very well.
I think you would be fine with a 48 inch on a BX1500. I also own a BX2200 and I know it would handle it. If anything, you might have to slow down if alot of snow is on the ground.

Attachments

• 487306-Meteor_1.jpg
    487306-Meteor_1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 243
   / Suggestions on rear mounted snow blower #6  
I have a Lucknow 5' rear snowblower that I had to modify to get it to work. See this thread It will give you few pointers what to look for.

One aggravation is the hand crank to rotate the chute. I have to raise the implement to reach it. I'm looking for a little universal joint to weld on the cranks shaft so it tilts up and is a little longer so I can reach it while the blower is low. Mine is mated to a Ford 1910 and the height consideration may be different on your set-up. A hydraulic or electric set-up to spin the chute precludes that problem /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif