Stuck for a while. Mahindra 3510

/ Stuck for a while. Mahindra 3510 #1  

terraformer

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510, Bolens G192/Iseki 1910
Today working on fall maintenance around our front pond. Got too close to the edge while backing up and got the two right wheels in the quagmire. I tried using the bucket as a flipper to get out, has worked on wet hills before. Kept getting in deeper. Was about to the hub on the front.

Decided to try using a tow strap around a tree about 20-30 feet away and importantly on dry ground. Uncurled the bucket and ran a log chain to a hook on the right side of the bucket, My plan was to curl the bucket while in gear. Each time it moved a bit closer, sometimes inches. Was really going off camber, but after 10-12 times I pulled it out.

The incident was entirely self inflicted but made it out. My wife told me don't do that prior

Perhaps this technique will help someone else.

/ Stuck for a while. Mahindra 3510 #4  
nice technique but here is a better one, steer more to the left lol.
glad it worked out for you

/ Stuck for a while. Mahindra 3510 #5  
Today working on fall maintenance around our front pond. Got too close to the edge while backing up and got the two right wheels in the quagmire. I tried using the bucket as a flipper to get out, has worked on wet hills before. Kept getting in deeper. Was about to the hub on the front.

Decided to try using a tow strap around a tree about 20-30 feet away and importantly on dry ground. Uncurled the bucket and ran a log chain to a hook on the right side of the bucket, My plan was to curl the bucket while in gear. Each time it moved a bit closer, sometimes inches. Was really going off camber, but after 10-12 times I pulled it out.

The incident was entirely self inflicted but made it out. My wife told me don't do that prior

Perhaps this technique will help someone else.
We have all gotten in to this situation before , I got stuck between two trees and had to chain saw one down to get out . In the end I got rid of the wife and replaced it with a red cooler of beer on the tractor and my life has gotten substantially better .