Sreiner 440 acceleration issues

/ Sreiner 440 acceleration issues #1  

presnewt

Silver Member
Tractor
Steiner 440
I have a Steiner 440 that is about 4 years old. It has the foot pedals for forward and reverse. Normally, the forward speed is about twice the backward speed but right now the forward acceleration is very low and when i hit the reverse it almost throw me out of my seat. Almost feels like it has a governor on it in forward. The engine is fine, RPMs are fine. Any suggestions? Thanks

/ Sreiner 440 acceleration issues #2  
Something in the linkage gone out of adjustment? I wouldn't think the swashplate cares which direction it moves, so it must be something external. Just a guess though.

/ Sreiner 440 acceleration issues #3  
Did you solve your problem? A friend of mine is trying to figure out the same issue with his foot pedal. It looks free of debris

/ Sreiner 440 acceleration issues
My 440 is in the shop and has been for the last 50 weeks. I dropped it off last year on Labor Day. My main issue was with the steering and acceleration. My dealer tried three times to fix it but each time I had to send it straight back to them because the problem was not resolved. I finally got Steiner involved and they are overseeing the repair and also doing some updates, which evidently I should have gotten years ago. My 440 has been a problem for over 5 years. The last year has been extremely disappointing. The fields near my house are now almost out of control. I begged Steiner for years to work with me to get me into another machine but got no help from them. Going a year without a tractor is completely ridiculous but I am at their mercy. It sounds like my issues were hydraulic related. The same dealer did hydraulic work the previous year also on the tractor.