Rake Spreading gravel with Kubota L45

/ Spreading gravel with Kubota L45 #2  
Interesting, Good find:thumbsup:

/ Spreading gravel with Kubota L45 #3  
Doubt I would have the patience and tolerance to deal with this level of annual driveway maintenance. Perhaps there is some connection to Job (Biblical) in the family genetic tree. From other postings, there are a significant # of private roads and driveways throughout RURAL NH and Maine where residents deal with this condition on a regular basis. Or they drive through the potholes and washouts, the best way they they can.

Last edited:
   / Spreading gravel with Kubota L45 #4  
Once you get the hang of it a box blade will do as good.
With a box blade learning to adjust it to float or dig is the trick and takes practice.
I see problems with pushing something and having it dig in and causing much damage to the tractor.

/ Spreading gravel with Kubota L45
Once you get the hang of it a box blade will do as good.
With a box blade learning to adjust it to float or dig is the trick and takes practice.
I see problems with pushing something and having it dig in and causing much damage to the tractor.

In actuality, the FrontRunner is much easier on the tractor than a bucket or a snowplow blade that can hit objects buried just below the ground surface or snow. 50 years of running bucket equipped tractors and snowplows have proven that to me...
The flexible tines of the FrontRunner act as "shock absorbers" so the tractor or operator seldom, if ever, feels the object like a bucket or snowplow operator does...

/ Spreading gravel with Kubota L45
In actuality, the FrontRunner is much easier on the tractor than a bucket or a snowplow blade that can hit objects buried just below the ground surface or snow. 50 years of running bucket equipped tractors and snowplows have proven that to me...
The flexible tines of the FrontRunner act as "shock absorbers" so the tractor or operator seldom, if ever, feels the object like a bucket or snowplow operator does...

Have you ever seen a bulldozer or grader with the blade BEHIND the operator? Grading a road in New Hampshire means watching the grading tool constantly as our terrain is mountainous, and requires constant compensation,unlike the flat parts of the country. Guys who have switched to the front mount have been able to cancel their regular visits to their chiropractor's practice.

/ Spreading gravel with Kubota L45 #7  
I didn't realize that a landscape rake was so tough