Son just got an old dr power wagon

/ Son just got an old dr power wagon #1  

Drzensen

Tractor
Farmall cub low boy, new Holland boomer 24
Son just got an old dr power wagon, free, fueled it up and primed it started right up. Needs some carb tlc and a new clutch but i didn't know anything about the Tecumseh engine on it.
VECTOR XL-C TECUMSEH it has a plastic bowl and is just a little weird. Was thinking he wants to keep it and it will be handy. What engine would be a good replacement? Or is it worth messing with the original engine. It has working electric start, its a vertical shaft. About 6 hp power uses a centrifugal clutch.
IMG_20220421_213020928.jpg

/ Son just got an old dr power wagon #4  
The plastic bowl carb with the bail holding it on was also used on some of the 13-17 hp engines. The idea is there are no jets in the upper part of the carb and everything is contained with the bowl. Therefore was designed to just have the bowl assembly replaced for a complete carb rebuild. And didn't have to remove the carb to do it.

/ Son just got an old dr power wagon #5  
Is there a Harbor Freight store near you? I'd look there to find a match. Looks like a vertical shaft engine and replacement should be do-able.

/ Son just got an old dr power wagon
Yep, i pulled the bowl and cleaned a some gunk out of the main jet. Runs better, then found a tab on the starter stopped the throttle linkage from advancing. It still has a few problems think it needs a coil. But the centrifugal clutch is not unlocking. The replacement is almost 200$ so we may look at electric conversion.

/ Son just got an old dr power wagon #8  
Nice POWER WAGON!
I saw the post and thought "Dodge Power Wagon"..... needless to say, when I saw the picture, I realized why you posted in 'lawn and garden'....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: